Post by docroesner » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:34 am

I have already setup a multistore on two different domains, one in german, one in french. All runs fine. The french store is store_id 1. Now I wanted to add an italian version under an italian domain.
Setting up the OC on this new domain, all ok. Next step: add this as a new store to the core-store's admin. Done as well. It is supposed to be store_id 3 as I see in the database.
When I change the database connection in config.php of this new italian store to the parameters of the core-store and load the italian domain into the browser, it displays the store name, title and meta description of the core-store (the german one), NOT the parameters I had saved for store_id 3 (but these parameters are saved correctly in the database). Also it pulls all products which are linked to the core-store rather than only those I had linked to the italian store!
In other words: it behaves as if it did not recognize that it is called from the added store's domain (italian) and instead "assumes" to be called as the core-store (or store_id 0)!
The crazy in all this is that store_id 1, the french store, continues to function with all it's specifics like store name, title and meta description and it pulls the categories and products correctly from the database which are linked to the french store.
Perhaps important to mention: all 3 stores are hosted in the same VPS account, same IP.

Is there anybody with ideas on how to solve this problem?

Post by docroesner » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:02 am

sorry for my long problem description - the solution was simple yet kind of strange. I had saved the italian store's URL as itdomain.eu - that did not work. When I added a trailing slash, it worked: itdomain.eu/ !!!
I never thought this could be possible. I came to this idea when I looked up the code at catalog/controller/startup/startup.php