Post by ocartman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Is anybody using first class shipping with stock opencart Version 1.5.* and have it working correctly?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 pm

USPS recently changing the name of the First-Class Package rate, which is why it isn't showing up any more. My USPS Pro will fix this, or you can try this edit to get it working in the built-in USPS extension:

Code: Select all

IN:
/catalog/model/shipping/usps.php

OR:
/catalog/model/extension/shipping/usps.php

REPLACE:
'First-Class Mail Parcel',

WITH:
'First-Class Package Service - Retail',

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by goodejuice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Changed this in both templates:

..catalog/model/shipping/usps.php
..admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php

Still no first class options showing. Also deleted cache on site a web browser, still won't show First class options. Running 1.5.6.4. Any ideas?

Post by Johnathan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Not sure...I tested that edit in 3.0 and it worked fine, so there might be other things wrong with the 1.5 version of the USPS extension. Hopefully someone else has tested it in 1.5 and found a solution they'll post here.

Administrator

Post by bonnie65 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:09 am

I tried the edit posted above and at first it didn't work. But then I noticed that on my test product I had the weight set to pounds. So when I changed it to ounces it started working. So make sure that you have ounces set instead of pounds.

Post by r14n » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:30 am

Thank you! This fixed it for me on 2.0.3.2
Johnathan wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 pm
USPS recently changing the name of the First-Class Package rate, which is why it isn't showing up any more. My USPS Pro will fix this, or you can try this edit to get it working in the built-in USPS extension:

Code: Select all

IN:
/catalog/model/shipping/usps.php

OR:
/catalog/model/extension/shipping/usps.php

REPLACE:
'First-Class Mail Parcel',

WITH:
'First-Class Package Service - Retail',

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Glad I could help.

Administrator

Post by midsouthtrading » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 pm

in what file do i paste this code?...been a while since i modified a file...do i still just copy existing file to notepad and paste code at bottom then save?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:32 pm

No, you need to open up the file with a text editor, then make the replacement exactly as I've described. You'd find and highlight the code under "REPLACE", and then paste in the code under "WITH". Do not add any other code to the file, or you'll likely break it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, I'd highly recommend you hire a developer to do it for you. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Administrator

Post by midsouthtrading » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:58 am

Thanks to Johnathan for the quick response, but I did get it to work eventually...by the way, I'm on latest OC3

1-I DID A BACKUP!
2-I dl the php file, edited with notepad++, and uploaded
3-refreshed frontend, still no first class, plus priority rates now wonky
4-uninstalled and reinstalled usps extension; still not camping happy
5-restored database from backup...now works wonderful, all options propagate! (fingers crossed all the gremlins got exterminated)

Post by dcol » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 am

Made the changes, cleared the cache, rechecked the product weight (set to 6 oz). Can't get it to work here. Using OC 3.0.2.0.
Did USPS change the name again?