Post by kuochinwu » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a V2.3.0.2 built and ready to put live. However, during the testing I found it running slow and takes 4-5 seconds to load each link or page. Is it normal? The website is currently hosting in a VPS and as I know the server is running smoothly and no problem.

Needing you guys expertise and help, please!

http://www.goobay.com/cosmo/

Thank you all,

Paul

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 pm

Disable the category count from the admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings page and the same could be adjusted with your product counts per page on the edit settings page in order to reduce the query results for your products.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kuochinwu » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Dear Straightlight,

Thank you for the input. Awesome! After I tried and disabled the product count it responds much much faster; however, is there a way to keep the product count enabled and improving the speed still?

Paul

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Visiting the marketplace would be the best course of action to optimize your site furthermore as you may hear ... countless and different inputs on how to optimize your store on the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 pm

What you have is NOT normal at all, no matter the counting. But considering the issue, you may try to add a few indexes to your database tables. THIS should speed up the loading AND keep product counting. Requires some MySQL knowledge though.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by hyeclass » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:39 am

even though i index the category db the category is running so slow, i mean it takes 6 seconds to open a category, any solution to this issue

what comes to admin section on category , it load very fast Default Items Per Page (Admin) 50
Last edited by hyeclass on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.