Post by uksimon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:24 am

Hi, Newbie here.....

I have done a fresh install of Opencart 3.0.2.0 and am having real issues with the order status on all new orders.

If i do an order using COD it works perfectly and the correct order status is giving in the database.

HOWEVER.......

Any other payment method returns an order status of "0" even when I get a successful order page. This has been tried using Paypal standard and Free Order and they always default to "0" and the order goes to missing as cancelled?

I have checked my Fraud settings and changed it to Pending thinking that may be the issue and that hasnt resolved it, All order status are correct to the payment module i.e in paypal cancelled = cancelled so on ad so on.....

Why is this happening? I have checked the default setting in "settings" and ensured that nothing is set to cancel.

Please help as I have now spent hours trying to find a solution and nothing seems to work.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:04 pm

uksimon wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:24 am
Please help as I have now spent hours trying to find a solution and nothing seems to work.
When a payment is successfully taken by a payment gateway it will often make a request to your website to tell your website that it has been successful.

Sometimes this request gets blocked by the server firewall and causes all sorts of problems.

You could find out if the payment gateways are indeed set up to work this way and if so, find out if they are successfully making the callback requests.

You may be able to see this in logs in your merchant dashboard.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by uksimon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Thank you for replying.

Since my post I decided to do a complete fresh install and see if that helped and I am still having the same issue. The only payment module I have enabled is FREE and I have set it up so that I can redeem reward points on a product to do a free check out. I get status 0 on the order straight away however on a cash on delivery test I conducted on the previous install it worked perfectly. How can a free order default to missing/cancelled as soon as it has been submitted.

This is such an issue because If I can not get this setup to work I will have to resort to a previous platform which I really didnt like too much.

I have contacted my hosting provider and asked them to disable the firewall temporarily whilst I attempt some payments to see if this is causing it however I fail to see how the firewall would cause a free checkout to fail but allow a cash on delivery to proceed?

Post by uksimon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 pm

I have resolved this with the free payment module as there were some coding changes I found on another forum however on paypal standard payments this is still happening and I see no resolution on any forum anywhere

Post by uksimon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:48 pm

SOLVED!!!!!!

Turns out that the install creates a custom php.ini file which overrides the hosting version. In this file the CURL is set to disabled so it blocks all messages from Paypal!

Simply delete your php.ini file that comes with the install or edit it to ensure that CURL is enable and the problem is fixed!

Post by labeshops » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:08 am

Can you tell me exactly what you changed? I am having the same issue with paypal commerce payments.

I have a php.ini file in the root of my store that is below - but no CURL mentioned in it???

Code: Select all

magic_quotes_gpc = Off
register_globals = Off
default_charset	= UTF-8
memory_limit = 128M
max_execution_time = 36000
upload_max_filesize = 999M
safe_mode = Off
mysql.connect_timeout = 20
session.auto_start = Off
session.use_only_cookies = On
session.use_cookies = On
session.use_trans_sid = Off
session.cookie_httponly = On
session.gc_maxlifetime = 3600
allow_url_fopen = On
;display_errors = 1
;error_reporting = E_ALL

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am

labeshops wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:08 am
Can you tell me exactly what you changed? I am having the same issue with paypal commerce payments.

I have a php.ini file in the root of my store that is below - but no CURL mentioned in it???

Code: Select all

magic_quotes_gpc = Off
register_globals = Off
default_charset	= UTF-8
memory_limit = 128M
max_execution_time = 36000
upload_max_filesize = 999M
safe_mode = Off
mysql.connect_timeout = 20
session.auto_start = Off
session.use_only_cookies = On
session.use_cookies = On
session.use_trans_sid = Off
session.cookie_httponly = On
session.gc_maxlifetime = 3600
allow_url_fopen = On
;display_errors = 1
;error_reporting = E_ALL
It's not what it says on the above. It says to check on the installed extension version of the php.ini, not the one located on your root store.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by labeshops » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 am

so is that something I can check via cpanel or whm???

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by sw!tch » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:33 am

labeshops wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 am
so is that something I can check via cpanel or whm???
To check for CURL you can do so using phpinfo() or ask your web host.
https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php

Would assume you would have something in your error log stating a CURL error?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!