Post by paulsimon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm

v1.4.9.1 on GoDaddy with an SSL cert
Order is successful in every way except updating OpenCart Order Status.

I tried (I'm live and not sandbox) both transaction methods (TM) "sale" and "authorize".

For TM Authorize: on PayPal site, I click "capture" to process payment and that succeeds. But, OpenCart isn't updated, ie the Order status is not changed from its original value, "pending".

For TM Sale, Paypal completes the tranaction, but OpenCart Order is left as status Pending.

(everything works but that 1 thing, even Emails correctly sent to customer and the email addr setup in system>settings>general>e-mail.)

I've read entries here about Godaddy blocking paypal callback instant payment notification (IPN) and something about fsock-something. I submitted 2 godaddy "tickets" over a couple days and no response. I'm not a programmer. Is there anything I can change and test?

Post by paulsimon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Forgot to mention. on install i was warned to change magic quotes gpc to off. I changed the php.ini files and asked godaddy to restart my apache, but also never heard back. Tonight, i saw a post that said they had to create php5.ini file since they were on php5 and that php.ini don't work on php5 (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 10&start=0) .

Is that true? I'm on php5 and have no php5.ini files in the OpenCart directories.

Also, could it be that magic quotes gpc interferes with the paypal callback?

Is there a way to see if they are set to off?

thx for any help!

Post by peshzen » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

open cart version 2.2.0.0