Post by Redsei » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:45 am

When I'm attempting to login to the admin side of things, I get a number of errors.

eg. "... catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 14Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, ..."

As far as I know, nothing has been changed. Help anyone?

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:13 am

See this fix: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... e/file.php

Then, ensure to clear the cache afterwards. FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804#p718325

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Redsei » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks for the quick reply... unfortunately nothing has changed.... if this helps (this is the full error)

Warning: fopen(/home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/view/theme//stylesheet/bootstrap.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 14Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 16Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 18Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 20Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 22Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tsquote2/public_html/store/catalog/controller/startup/sass.php on line 24

Post by webmedialdh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi,
It seems like you have not uploaded the files properly like bootstrap.css
Regards

Webx IT Solutions
Tel: +91 99154 09292, Skype: webmedialdh, Email: support@webxitsolutions.com

Location - Ludhiana, Punjab

Post by Redsei » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:06 pm

So just playing dumb here... is this a theme issue? As about 4 months ago I had this on a development server and bootstrap was never there... we have been running this ever since on the hosting platform and within the last week it's now doing this. We have not updated or upgraded anything. Not sure how things can just disappear? Thought?

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 am

your theme directory is not set in that link to bootstrap.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Redsei » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:30 am

Ok... so the double "//" (.. theme//stylesheet/bootstrap.css) means it's looking for a folder?.
How can I change the "//"? What file would that be?

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:33 am

the name of you theme should be in there as in /default/ or whatever your theme's name is.
it is the file path to the file bootstrap.css.

theme//stylesheet/bootstrap.css

should read

theme/default/stylesheet/bootstrap.css or theme/journal/stylesheet/bootstrap.css or something like that.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Redsei » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:40 am

Sorry to sound simple, but what file would I need to change MANUALLY to fix this?
It's obviously getting called from a file somewhere?

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:55 am

don't change it manually, will create more problems down the line.

It basically cannot find your theme directory name in the controller: catalog/controller/startup/sass.php

Code: Select all

$file = DIR_APPLICATION . 'view/theme/' . $this->config->get('theme_directory') . '/stylesheet/bootstrap.css';
so your theme directory name is missing from the configuration so check the configuration first.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Redsei » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:57 am

I'd like to send the config files that I have and a quick snap of the directory. I have messed up too much I believe and I'm sure it's a very simple fix if you looked at it. I have included it in the attachments.

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:28 pm

are you using a theme?

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Redsei » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Yes, I'm using the UP! - Multi-Purpose Responsive OpenCart 3 Theme. I got it from themeforest

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:47 pm

what is in your system/config/catalog.php

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Redsei » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:58 pm

I've attached it

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:09 pm

try with SASS cache off.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by letxobnav » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 pm

it is strange as the file catalog/controller/startup/sass.php never gets called in default 3.0.2.0.
So it does not matter if the theme_directory exists or not (it does not also in my setup) as that code never gets executed.
Unless your custom theme has altered it.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Which is why, a new future with the theme events awaits us. Currently, the ways the theme events are currently handled do not work as expected as they are pretty limited as compared to the new suggestion provided on commit 7153 which Daniel finally agrees on adding the solution into the core. mcwebdesign's solution provides expanded views on how to target TWIG files from the controllers without affecting other developers with their distributions (with the possible exception, of course, of the data keys that could be mixed but seem to have been resolved since PHP v7.3 release due to the extract function).

Followed is the discussion about it: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7230

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by drjawn1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:32 am

Exactly the thread I needed, but I'm not sure any of the info solves the problem.
Anyone here able to clarify?

Thanks.

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:42 am

just turn sass off, both in admin and catalog, all it does is recompile scss files and recreates your bootstrap.css file for no good reason and there is no "theme_directory" only a "theme_default_directory" record in the config anyway, just another unstable, crappy and most of all untested afterthought implementation.

just comment out

Code: Select all

'startup/sass',
in system/config/catalog.php and system/config/admin.php

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan