Post by kg0925 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Hello, i am running a eCommerce store. currently my store hosted on a2hosting turbo shared hosting. i am facing mysqli connection error due to many visitors at a time. as i talked with hosting they said only 60 users can be online at a time on your website. currently i am getting above 100 visitors at a time and above 10k visitors per day. vps also have 150 users at a time limit. they suggested me dedicated server for my store to remove this limitation. any advice or suggestion will be appreciated. thanks

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:58 pm

A 150 users for a VPS hosting package is quite low. In fact, it is too way too low. I would look for other hosting providers before jumping into dedicated servers at this point as dedicated servers involves costs just to open more database sockets for users. Better reasons would be needed to jump into such packaging.

Which OC, PHP and mySQLi version are you using? Forum rules.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kg0925 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:02 am

i am using php 7.0, opencart 3.0.3.1 and MySQL 5.6 can you suggest a good hosting provider for vps.

Post by victorj » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 am

a website with that traffic would take a great deal of resources on shared hosting.
only php would take up 12meg mem even with php mem setting at 128K this is without overhead for apache child processes.
so whn they say its capped at 60 users at the same time i think thats very reasonble

with 10K visitors a day You r shop should have a decent turnover.
investing in decent dedicated server is a wise choice.
do check that your dedicated plan does have enough ram to cope with such a load and server is scalable when traffic even groes bigger.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by kg0925 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:01 am

victorj wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 am
a website with that traffic would take a great deal of resources on shared hosting.
only php would take up 12meg mem even with php mem setting at 128K this is without overhead for apache child processes.
so whn they say its capped at 60 users at the same time i think thats very reasonble

with 10K visitors a day You r shop should have a decent turnover.
investing in decent dedicated server is a wise choice.
do check that your dedicated plan does have enough ram to cope with such a load and server is scalable when traffic even groes bigger.
should i go with cloudhosting or vps?? i know shared hosting will no more work for me. and as straightlight said better reason required to jump on dedicated server.

Post by kg0925 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:05 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:58 pm
A 150 users for a VPS hosting package is quite low. In fact, it is too way too low. I would look for other hosting providers before jumping into dedicated servers at this point as dedicated servers involves costs just to open more database sockets for users. Better reasons would be needed to jump into such packaging.

Which OC, PHP and mySQLi version are you using? Forum rules.
i am planning to switch on digitalocean cloud. is it good option?

Post by victorj » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:41 am

Not to well known with hosting companies in your country.
I personally use cloud hosting with whm and cpanel because its very easy to use and maintain.
i like cloudhosting over vps because vps is more or less a non scalable server while cloudhosting can be upgraded or downgraded when needed.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:31 am

Hello kg0925,

First off thank you for hosting with us though I am sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. Do you have a ticket ID I can reference by chance? I would like to review to make sure we have evaluated all the options aside from a dedicated server. If so, mind sharing it with me directly (alex@a2hosting.com or a PM on this forum) so I can dig into it?

Thank you in advance!

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by ideep13 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:42 pm

victorj wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:41 am
Not to well known with hosting companies in your country.
I personally use cloud hosting with whm and cpanel because its very easy to use and maintain.
i like cloudhosting over vps because vps is more or less a non scalable server while cloudhosting can be upgraded or downgraded when needed.
Hi, I am searching for a hosting company as well. I have enough of shared hosting.
I have a reseller account so whm, 2 OC stores (3.0.3.6. xxvirusxx made fresh clean install and moved data so it's new site and I have a lot of issues with that store, keeps hitting 508 error, PHP 7.4.), and the other one is still on 2.3.0.2. (php 7.3) but yesterday something strange happened I got mySQLI_construct error: HY000/2002 (and I didn't even touched the page - was working with no errors whatsoever) , 3 WP stores and 2 basic wp blog pages.

I was suggested to use https://www.hetzner.com/sb servers. Dedicated VPS. or
https://www.hetzner.com/managed-server

I can spend 40-50 EUR/month for a hosting.

I want to know :
1. will VPS increase my page speed or will the speed stay the same?
2. What should I look for when choosing a server? RAM, bandwidth? What? Shared hosting keeps telling me I don't have enough resources. I currently have this: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/reseller/ (nebula) I moved from their shared hosting to their VPS, but non of the sites were working, and I needed to go back to their shared hosting as they were not wanting to help and I had live stores so I can not afford to have my sites down (they said they will migrate and they did, but non of the sites were working properly)
3. is it easy to migrate the whole whm? Should I make any partitions - how to best take an advantage of a server for opencart stores?
I don't have a clue how to do that at all, I am also interested if anyone could help/per payment of course?

please I really need your advise, and I need to move fast. Like today, now. :laugh:
4. also I am interested in someone who can help me some time to time on helping me with sites, so I need a long term cooperation with a man who I can trust with my sites and that my sites works all the time (I will post to commercial forum as well for working on to speed up my site) Please send me your offers to PM

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:31 pm

I am using bluehost dedicated server https://www.bluehost.com/hosting/dedica ... cing-cards for my own stores and they work perfectly. You can have a look here.
Alternatively you can chose https://aws.amazon.com/free/compute/lightsail/ see which fits you best.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by ideep13 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 pm

aren't this options on bluehost expensive?

you can get very good server from 39 EUR with 16GB of RAM- https://www.hetzner.com/sb?ssd=true

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 pm
aren't this options on bluehost expensive?

you can get very good server from 39 EUR with 16GB of RAM- https://www.hetzner.com/sb?ssd=true
Of course. Then, comes the optional features in the tabs where cPanel / Plesk is normally offered by default from other hostings.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:27 pm

thanks. Yes cpanel became very expensive (I am reading this now). I was thinking to move from whm (cpanel) to plesk.. yes.. but I am trying to learn how to migrate this on my own (I would really like to learn this) and setup my own server. I bet there are a few clicks. :laugh: I wish there would be any documentation on this, or videos from 0 start to final..
Last edited by ideep13 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by RiokiGun » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 pm

This is a very low traffic to buy a package more expensive, you just lose money.