Post by exit15 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:27 am

My opencart 3.0.2.0 is configured to use our G-Suite email account to send order confirmations, updates etc. To make this work I had to allow less secured apps login from our google account security settings. Now Google is planing to block less secure apps from logging in which means that the system will no longer be able to send out email via ssl://smtp.gmail.com. The current form fields under Home> Stores> Settings > Mail Tab, don't allow for any OAuth OR I just don't know how to set it up. Any idea what needs to be done here. Do we need to update the code?

Post by thekrotek » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:37 am

You need to ask for commercial support, if you can't make necessary changes yourself. I can implement this for you, drop me an email or send a message in Skype, if interested.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by exit15 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:54 am

Can you elaborate to the benefit of the community - what exactly needs to happen here??

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:57 am

exit15 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:54 am
Can you elaborate to the benefit of the community - what exactly needs to happen here??
Nope. Waste of time for me, sorry.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 am

You're probably referring to this documentation from PHPMailer: https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/ ... th-XOAUTH2 . On the Marketplace, look for PHPMailer for Opencart. This should resolved the issue you're addressing about.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by exit15 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 am

Thanks much I will try that and report back

Post by exit15 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:02 am

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:57 am
exit15 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:54 am
Nope. Waste of time for me, sorry.
This forum is not your personal job hunting ground, don't come here just to solicit work!!!

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:08 am

exit15 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:02 am
This forum is not your personal job hunting ground, don't come here just to solicit work!!!
This forum is also not your personal blog to dictate anything to anybody. Don't come here just to give lectures!!!

Expert Member

Post by exit15 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:23 am

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:08 am
exit15 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:02 am
This forum is also not your personal blog to dictate anything to anybody. Don't come here just to give lectures!!!
This will be my last response. Some people need lecturing and you seem to be one of them, rude and shameless. I refer you to the forum Ethics and specifically to this:
Selling Extensions & Exploiting Topics
-Second opinions on existing topics are always allowed and encouraged, as well as mentioning of extensions. However, if you are trying to exploit a topic with intentions of selling your extension you will be warned. There is a clear distinction between offering your extension as true help and exploiting. What does exploit mean? to utilize, especially for profit; turn to practical account; to use selfishly for one's own ends. Obviously, there are thousands upon thousands of posts answered and replied to with the suggestion of extensions and this is encouraged. Again, there is a clear distinction between helping, and exploiting. If you are only here to piggy back topics with intentions to spam your extensions then action will be taken. This does not apply to the forum sections that are devoted to announcing and selling new extensions.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 am

exit15 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:23 am
This will be my last response. Some people need lecturing and you seem to be one of them, rude and shameless. I refer you to the forum Ethics and specifically to this:
The only ethic you should use is the following: if you don't like someone's reply/solution/adivice, move along and read another one. Nobody asked you about lectures or what you think about certain replies. And in the future before quoting forum's ethics, make sure YOU follow them.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:36 am

Hi exit15,

What you have provided is the forum rules section about extensions involving licensing while your first post was about a feature where a 3rd party extension from the Marketplace is required in order to resolved your incident request. Despite the argument going on this topic, followed are the most recent forum rules regarding extension policies when creating a new topic on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804#p708937 .

While response quality is important to us, we do encourage you to be familiarized with these rules as to enjoy your stay among this community.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by exit15 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:19 am

Hi straightlight,
If I wanted to solicit work I can just post a project on Upwork or buy an extension if there was one. I had no idea how to tackle the issue or if this was an issue at all. So I posted a question under General Support, not under Extension Support. I did not ask for development work, certainly did not expect blatant solicitation. The forum rules I was referring to were under Forum Ethics, this topic viewtopic.php?f=176&t=107021 - it clearly states that topics should not be exploited...
You by contrast simply directed me to some useful information and for that I thank you!