Post by sooty » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:47 pm

This isn't specifically a fault within Opencart, but it has just come to light whilst testing a menu configuration.

The menu structure I have created has a brand name in the top menu, which when clicked, opens up a sub menu list.
For example.

SONY
- TV's
- DVD Players
- Hi-Fi Amps

The brand name has no target, it just opens the submenu.

What I have just noticed whilst using Chrome on an Android tablet, is that when you click on the brand name, an advertising popup tab appears at the bottom of the screen linking to other retailers through Googles adwords system. Doesn't do it on Chrome on iPad.

This isn't unique to an opencart installation, testing has shown that clicking on a non-linked word in plain text elsewhere also does this.

However, I'd really rather not advertise other retailers to my site users, especially if I'm not getting the Adwords kickback!

Any ideas how I can block this from happening whilst users are within my opencart site?

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 am

sooty wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:47 pm
This isn't specifically a fault within Opencart, but it has just come to light whilst testing a menu configuration.

The menu structure I have created has a brand name in the top menu, which when clicked, opens up a sub menu list.
For example.

SONY
- TV's
- DVD Players
- Hi-Fi Amps

The brand name has no target, it just opens the submenu.

What I have just noticed whilst using Chrome on an Android tablet, is that when you click on the brand name, an advertising popup tab appears at the bottom of the screen linking to other retailers through Googles adwords system. Doesn't do it on Chrome on iPad.

This isn't unique to an opencart installation, testing has shown that clicking on a non-linked word in plain text elsewhere also does this.

However, I'd really rather not advertise other retailers to my site users, especially if I'm not getting the Adwords kickback!

Any ideas how I can block this from happening whilst users are within my opencart site?
I'm trying to understand the issue. Are you using adwords in your own site to promote products of your site?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide