Post by openwes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Hello everyone,

Could someone please advice how to achieve the following;

I would like to make it possible for customers to enter their preferred weekdays and times for tennislessons when they order tennislessons on the website.
If a customer orders in example 1 hour of tennislesson during 16 weeks in the summerseason,
it would be great if the customer could mark on the order form on what day and time he or she would like to have the tennislesson,
in example on monday between 16 -19hrs or on thursday between 10 - 16hrs

I have attached a screenshot of a non-opencart system that has such a date/time marking system so the customer can indicate on what time-blocks he is available.

So far I did not find an extension that can do this in the Opencart marketplace, and I wondered if anyone would now a solution or alternative way to make this possible?

Thanks in advance for thinking along,
Wes

Attachments

20200219clientavailabilityatsignup.png

20200219clientavailabilityatsignup.png (63.13 KiB) Viewed 1055 times

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:58 pm

openwes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 pm
So far I did not find an extension that can do this in the Opencart marketplace, and I wondered if anyone would now a solution or alternative way to make this possible?
Yes, you'll need to pay a developer from the Commercial Support Forum to build this.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Wonders me, because there are a few at the Marketplace:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... eservation

And if none is for you, an adoption of one should be possible.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by openwes » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Thank you for your replies. The extensions on the marketplace unfortunately do not seem to have the option for customers to enter their preferred weekday(s) and time(s), the thing I am looking for is sort of "reversed availabilty"; the customer indicates what weekdays and times he is available to follow a grouplesson or course. This is common practice for i.e. tennisschools, when students book a summer course of i.e. 16 weeks of group-training for 2 hours. Then the student indicates he is available i.e. on Tuesdays from 16-19hrs and on Thursdays from 12-18hrs and on Saturdays from 10-14hrs

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:12 pm

openwes wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:13 pm
The extensions on the marketplace unfortunately do not seem to have the option
Well then as I said, you should ask on the Commercial Support forum for quotes.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Post by openwes » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:06 pm

Thank you for your advice. I contacted the builders of the already available reservation extensions if they can add this functionality and at what costs.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 pm

openwes wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:06 pm
Thank you for your advice. I contacted the builders of the already available reservation extensions if they can add this functionality and at what costs.
Great!

Guru Member

Post by openwes » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 am

To anyone interested in the same, I have asked Ashwani from TMD to build this custom extension for me and he did. Currently development is ongoing for this great extension for businesses like tennisschools, gyms, and so on where customers like to indicate on what day and time they prefer to have their training.

It is now also for sale as a standard extension on https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... date_added

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:54 am

openwes wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 am
To anyone interested in the same, I have asked Ashwani from TMD to build this custom extension for me and he did. Currently development is ongoing for this great extension for businesses like tennisschools, gyms, and so on where customers like to indicate on what day and time they prefer to have their training.

It is now also for sale as a standard extension on https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... date_added
See this extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=28132 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:00 am

Well, that fellow has about 300 Extensions on his Site, and not one of them comes for free ... :drunk:
I did not even know, that he exists :laugh: That's not, what I call a Fellow OC Contributor ....

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by openwes » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Thank you for your replies, although I do not really understand what I should make of it, sounds like you are implying I asked the wrong guy for the custom work? Anyway, he helped me out for a very reasonable price and by asking him to publish it on the marketplace I hoped it could help other Opencart users too, that's all.

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:34 pm

openwes wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:38 pm
Thank you for your replies, although I do not really understand what I should make of it, sounds like you are implying I asked the wrong guy for the custom work? Anyway, he helped me out for a very reasonable price and by asking him to publish it on the marketplace I hoped it could help other Opencart users too, that's all.
That is totally up to your discretion. This topic will now be set to solved.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON