Post by chasquad » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:10 am

Hi Everyone

My customers are having issues checking out. They say that it says "pending" when they checkout. No orders come through in OpenCart however PayPal does authorize payments but the PayPal transactions don't have any cart items, just the total. I'm looking in the error logs and see entries likes the ones below. This is opencart 3.0.2 and no updates have been done since June 2019 and it has been working fine. This is an auto installed version on GoDaddy.

Code: Select all

PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/store/public_html/system/storage02ieyxbkxol6/cache/cache.catalog.language.1556410579): No such file or directory in /home/store/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 68
PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/store/public_html/system/storage02ieyxbkxol6/cache/cache.store.1557328205): No such file or directory in /home/store/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 68
PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/store/public_html/system/storage02ieyxbkxol6/cache/cache.catalog.language.1557507764): No such file or directory in /home/store/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 68
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: code in /home/store/public_html/me/model/design/layout.php on line 38
PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/store/public_html/system/storage02ieyxbkxol6/cache/cache.product.bestseller.1.26.5.64.3.1558214113): No such file or directory in /home/store/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 17
PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/store/public_html/system/storage02ieyxbkxol6/cache/cache.product.latest.1.26.5.59.3.1558214113): No such file or directory in /home/store/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 17
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: email in /home/store/public_html/catalog/controller/account/login.php on line 160
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: email in /home/store/public_html/catalog/controller/account/login.php on line 167
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: email in /home/store/public_html/catalog/controller/account/login.php on line 174
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: password in /home/store/public_html/catalog/controller/account/login.php on line 174
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: email in /home/store/public_html/catalog/controller/account/login.php on line 177
Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a developer and we're using this out of the box. Customers are upset and we may need to look at a different multistore solution (ideas on a good one? let me know!).

Thanks!
Last edited by straightlight on Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:12 am

See this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p750077 for the catalog.language issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:28 am

Which PayPal payment module are you using?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by head_dunce » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:22 am

Check your email log. I see this when there is an email sending problem, and I am currently testing the solution which so far have greatly improved checkout times.

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020

Post by chasquad » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:41 am

Hi

Thanks for the replies. We are using PayPal Pro.

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:28 am

chasquad wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:41 am
Hi

Take note that all extension payment modules have been removed from the master branch since Opencart no longer supports extensions where they need to connect via service providers from the core. Either look on the Marketplace for the updated version or use the new PayPal extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by head_dunce » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:17 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:28 am
Take note that all extension payment modules have been removed from the master branch since Opencart no longer supports extensions where they need to connect via service providers from the core. Either look on the Marketplace for the updated version or use the new PayPal extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358
Seems like suicide. Why would anyone with a real store move to a shopping cart that doesn't support a way to process cc payments via a large gateway? I get that it's a money grab for the paypal commissions, but well established stores aren't going to change their platform and their processor to switch to OC. Food for thought.

Jim

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:33 am

head_dunce wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:17 am
straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:28 am
Seems like suicide. Why would anyone with a real store move to a shopping cart that doesn't support a way to process cc payments via a large gateway? I get that it's a money grab for the paypal commissions, but well established stores aren't going to change their platform and their processor to switch to OC. Food for thought.
It's not really a downside based on the Marketing perspective. While the core no longer provides these features, the extensions are still available from the Marketplace with, in fact, more updates than what the core could originally provide on most occasions. In a sense, it is better like this based on the services that can be provided to store owners in general. :)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 am

chasquad wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:41 am
Hi

I would also check your PHP error log. It's often error_log in the web root, although it can be elsewhere (checking phpinfo() or asking your host may help you find it). You could also switch on the debug log in the the PayPal Pro module to see if it shows any errors. Another way to check for problems, is to go through the checkout process yourself and check your web browsers debug tool console (usually F12).

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by chasquad » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:49 am

Thanks

I don't know how to install this extension. It says that there is documentation but there is none. It just downloaded a zip file.

Thanks

Post by chasquad » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:51 am

If I click the Install button from within the Extensions category I get this error:
Signature hash does not match!

Post by head_dunce » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:09 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:33 am
It's not really a downside based on the Marketing perspective. While the core no longer provides these features, the extensions are still available from the Marketplace with, in fact, more updates than what the core could originally provide on most occasions. In a sense, it is better like this based on the services that can be provided to store owners in general. :)
Maybe think about paid extensions that are written by the core team. I'd much rather buy an extension written by the guys who wrote the core, especially for card processing. I hate installing code from unknown sources.

Jim

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:21 pm

chasquad wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:10 am
Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a developer and we're using this out of the box. Customers are upset and we may need to look at a different multistore solution (ideas on a good one? let me know!).
Do you not have a developer on hand to help you with things like this?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by chasquad » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:43 pm

I'm not sure what to do now. No, I'm not a developer nor have one on staff. I go into Extensions, find the PayPal Commerce Platform extension and click the "Install" button and get the error "Signature hash does not match!" and then trying to upload the zip file also results in error: "Error." So, not much help with that extension since there is no documentation and supports seems to be somewhere else in the world. There is no clear sign who the developer is.

I wasn't necessarily looking for a free extension, but for one that I could trust and would actually work. My biggest concern is that customers cannot checkout now and that the currently built-in extension that came with OpenCart has worked for over a year and there has not been an update to OpenCart on GoDaddy since June of last year.

My other software vendor, that I do pay for, SunShop, will have a multistore capability in their next release (version 5) so I may just switch back to them once that release has been made (since I already own that software). I chose OpenCart because of the multistore capabilities, but it now seems unstable. If customers cannot checkout then it is costing me money and my brand integrity and reputation. I'm open to paying for an extension, if it works and can be trusted. However there are quite a few of these in the OpenCart marketplace and I don't know which one to pick.

Thanks

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:47 am

For error you receive installing an extension, try looking here for some suggestions. viewtopic.php?t=198859

Did you try looking for any other errors produced by you current payment module?
ADD Creative wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 am
I would also check your PHP error log. It's often error_log in the web root, although it can be elsewhere (checking phpinfo() or asking your host may help you find it). You could also switch on the debug log in the the PayPal Pro module to see if it shows any errors. Another way to check for problems, is to go through the checkout process yourself and check your web browsers debug tool console (usually F12).

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by chasquad » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 am

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

I did not see anything in the logs and debugging the current extension just resulted in same "Please wait!" error that the customers get. They click to submit the order multiple times and then there are multiple authorizations in PayPal but the order itself never comes through OpenCart.

Thanks to you guys I was able to figure out the hash not matching error. However if I try to install the extension now, it just says "error" for the error message.

Are there other payment extensions that you guys would recommend that you are using that I should try before giving up on OpenCart? Other than the Amazon one, I try to stay away from anything called Amazon unless I want to go fishing. I would also prefer a payment experience for the customer where they don't leave my site.

Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:45 am

chasquad wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 am
Thanks for the help and suggestions!

I did not see anything in the logs and debugging the current extension just resulted in same "Please wait!" error that the customers get. They click to submit the order multiple times and then there are multiple authorizations in PayPal but the order itself never comes through OpenCart.

Thanks to you guys I was able to figure out the hash not matching error. However if I try to install the extension now, it just says "error" for the error message.

Are there other payment extensions that you guys would recommend that you are using that I should try before giving up on OpenCart? Other than the Amazon one, I try to stay away from anything called Amazon unless I want to go fishing. I would also prefer a payment experience for the customer where they don't leave my site.

Thanks!
Yes, you can try this updated and free PayPal extension from the Marketplace: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by chasquad » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 am

That is the extension that I have been trying to install that just says "error" while trying to extract the files. Any others that are good?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UoTHP ... pWt5GEy6qF

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:49 am

chasquad wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 am
That is the extension that I have been trying to install that just says "error" while trying to extract the files. Any others that are good?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UoTHP ... pWt5GEy6qF
While the first provided screenshot links are invalid, contact the extension developer regarding the error message you are reporting about.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by chasquad » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 am

Thanks everyone!

We enabled the standard PayPal checkout and that seems to work. It is awful as customers are redirected to PayPal to pay. However this will have to be the workaround until we move off of OpenCart this fall to a paid platform that supports its software.

Thanks again! Take care!