Post by ahimanshu » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello,
I upgraded my Opencart 1.5 to the newest version and I get error with startup.php: that time i was Add the following line in both of "config.php". after that we are facing below error:

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_LOGS - assumed 'DIR_LOGS' in /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/library/log.php on line 6
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/library/log.php:6) in /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/framework.php on line 108Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_CACHE - assumed 'DIR_CACHE' in /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/library/cache/file.php on line 9Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_LOGS - assumed 'DIR_LOGS' in /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/library/log.php on line 6Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_LOGS - assumed 'DIR_LOGS' in /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/library/log.php on line 6Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_LOGS - assumed 'DIR_LOGS' in /home/himansh1/public_html/patoys.in/system/library/log.php on line 6

Kindly Assist

Regards
Himanshu

Location - New Delhi

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:26 am

As per the message describes, ensure to configure your config.php and admin/config.php file with the new definitions. In this case, the DIR_CACHE is not defined. In order to help you on knowing which path and constant definitions must be used upon each upgrades, please refer to this post: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=198781&p=699560#p699560

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ahimanshu » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:06 am

Thank you

Regards
Himanshu

Location - New Delhi

Post by aniriais » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:05 pm

OpenCart is periodically updated with new versions of itself. It is a good idea to update your store with each new version released to take advantage of bug fixes and new features.

Post by OSWorX » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:11 pm

aniriais wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:05 pm
OpenCart is periodically updated with new versions of itself. It is a good idea to update your store with each new version released to take advantage of bug fixes and new features.
Maybe some new forum users read this message.

Therefore this note: yes, OpenCart publish periodically new updates.
But - and especially at OpenCart - the last past years showed one very clear: wait!

Wait and wait again.
Do not use the new version right now after the publishing.
Check first and before this forum and use your preferred search engine to look for bugs and errors.
Afetr a while (usually 6-8 weeks) after the publishing time, user have found - or not - bugs.
Which are solved if found.
Then you can use the new version.

Same is valid for updates!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:35 am

It is a good idea to update your store with each new version released to take advantage of bugs and new misses.
Should better have been written as above :laugh: the Fellow seems to be a Dev, looking for new Jobs. :crazy:

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland