Post by JFOC » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:09 am

Just my 2c

Beware when you bought the product ( https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=31461 ) from their site directly BETTER buy from OPENCART ONLY.

Because they will LOCK your account with a reason 'You have not use the software since the day you bought but download many times of the software update' and they suspected my motive to buy the software and have not use it yet.

Even I have explained to them the reason I have not to use it because my business model strategy is changed and kept downloading the update just to make sure when we have the fitted business strategy will use the software, and another reason is I have a bad experience with other software company that suddenly shut down their business and I haven't got the chance to download the newest version of the software.

https://pastebin.com/UjVUPFk5

they should be ashamed asking for rating review !!! https://imgur.com/a/n5Rgoyy

AND

how funny is that forced to install immediately the things I was bought?? am I not allowed to kept updating the software I was paid for without installing it? where is the logic?
FOR EXAMPLE;

When you buy a car, the dealer does not push you to use it, right? or
if you buy an iPhone for collection, did Apple push you to use it?
Last edited by JFOC on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JFOC » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 am

i am sure they will change their TERMS OF SERVICES to make their statement solid :crazy:

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:37 pm

We bought software from purpletreesoft once, I can't recommend them, it was just spaghetti code.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JFOC » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:00 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:37 pm
We bought software from purpletreesoft once, I can't recommend them, it was just spaghetti code.
couldn't agree more :crazy:

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:08 pm

There are simple coding standards for OpenCart extension developers. Unfortunately, too many extensions don't use them.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JFOC » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:01 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:08 pm
There are simple coding standards for OpenCart extension developers. Unfortunately, too many extensions don't use them.
well these coding standards pretty easy to follow and seems general coding standards in the PHP world