Post by jrr » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:14 am

I have customers who can still put items that show "Out of stock" into the cart, and yet I have the options in System/Store/Settings/Stock set to : Show Out Of Stock Warning "Yes", and Stock Checkout "No".
Should that not have some sort of warning flag on the product "out of stock" instead of just saying that in the Availability: about the add to cart, and also disable the ability to put it INTO the cart?
This is OC 3.0.3.6 I'm running...
I tried searching for an answer first, but the search engine here doesn't appear to like quotes ("out of stock") when you are trying to search for an exact expression...
Thanks!
This seems to be what I was looking for... https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=37012
Last edited by jrr on Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrr

Post by sw!tch » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:12 am

It will still add the item to the cart, it throws up a notice and doesn't allow checkout.

If you want additional stock notices on the product, look for something in the marketplace or open a commercial request.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by Burt65 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:28 am

jrr wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:14 am
I have customers who can still put items that show "Out of stock" into the cart, and yet I have the options in System/Store/Settings/Stock set to : Show Out Of Stock Warning "Yes", and Stock Checkout "No".
Should that not have some sort of warning flag on the product "out of stock" instead of just saying that in the Availability: about the add to cart, and also disable the ability to put it INTO the cart?
This is OC 3.0.3.6 I'm running...
I tried searching for an answer first, but the search engine here doesn't appear to like quotes ("out of stock") when you are trying to search for an exact expression...
Thanks!
What you are after, is to disable the add to cart button when the item is sold out or out of stock..

There are extensions that can do that for you.. Look HERE

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by jrr » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 am

Thank you, one of those should work. If so then I'll add [SOLVED] to my original post.

jrr

Post by Burt65 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 am

jrr wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 am
Thank you, one of those should work. If so then I'll add [SOLVED] to my original post.
Excellent.. Thank you

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz