Post by clivem » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:56 am

hi all,

I have looked at various extensions but not found what i am after - I am looking for an extension that on Checkout, will allow the customer to see an option that shows an optional tick box ( with a cost associated based on a percentage of order value) that they can choose to pay for insurance on shipping or not to.

Many thanks
Clive

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by thekrotek » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 am

You can implement is per product. Just add an option Insurance or smth like that and define the cost.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by IP_CAM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:26 am

X-Fee is an Order Total Module to charge any kind of extra fee/sub-charge for your store
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13535

I am no longer active at the Forum. Please do NOT send me Personal Mails,
they will no longer be replied to.
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
4'160 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by thekrotek » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:31 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:26 am
X-Fee is an Order Total Module to charge any kind of extra fee/sub-charge for your store
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13535
It's not the same.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by clivem » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:36 am

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 am
You can implement is per product. Just add an option Insurance or smth like that and define the cost.
thanks, could work but i would rather have an option for the customer at the checkout stage to add it once. otherwise if he orders 15 items he will need to add the correct option with each seperate item.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 am

clivem wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:36 am
thekrotek wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 am
You can implement is per product. Just add an option Insurance or smth like that and define the cost.
thanks, could work but i would rather have an option for the customer at the checkout stage to add it once. otherwise if he orders 15 items he will need to add the correct option with each seperate item.
An order total extension module could do it from the cart page in order for the customer to add it once. Once the option selected by the customer, that total could, then, be reflected at the final stage of checkout.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 am

clivem wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:36 am
thanks, could work but i would rather have an option for the customer at the checkout stage to add it once. otherwise if he orders 15 items he will need to add the correct option with each seperate item.
As far as I am aware, there's no extension, which adds an option to select an insurance option. You can ask for commercial support on the matter, if you don't want to add a product option. Yet the latter seems better to me. And it's free!

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by thekrotek » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:49 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 am
An order total extension module could do it from the cart page in order for the customer to add it once. Once the option selected by the customer, that total could, then, be reflected at the final stage of checkout.
There's no any option, it's just an order total with some fee. I have a similar extension, but I didn't offer it since you want a customer to select it optionally.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:12 am

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:49 am
straightlight wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 am
An order total extension module could do it from the cart page in order for the customer to add it once. Once the option selected by the customer, that total could, then, be reflected at the final stage of checkout.
There's no any option, it's just an order total with some fee. I have a similar extension, but I didn't offer it since you want a customer to select it optionally.
An order total with controller can also make optional offers via the cart. Models tend to be more insistent on that end, however.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests