Post by clivem » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:56 am

hi all,

I have looked at various extensions but not found what i am after - I am looking for an extension that on Checkout, will allow the customer to see an option that shows an optional tick box ( with a cost associated based on a percentage of order value) that they can choose to pay for insurance on shipping or not to.

Many thanks
Clive

Post by thekrotek » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 am

You can implement is per product. Just add an option Insurance or smth like that and define the cost.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by clivem » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:36 am

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 am
You can implement is per product. Just add an option Insurance or smth like that and define the cost.
thanks, could work but i would rather have an option for the customer at the checkout stage to add it once. otherwise if he orders 15 items he will need to add the correct option with each seperate item.

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 am

An order total extension module could do it from the cart page in order for the customer to add it once. Once the option selected by the customer, that total could, then, be reflected at the final stage of checkout.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:18 pm

Optional Fee/Discount can do this. It has a standard Module box which you can place in normal module positions, or if you want to embed it in the middle of a page, you can use it in conjunction with Infinite Module Positions.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Ralph78 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:07 pm

I used a different extension without an optional selection, imposing a fixed fee on the order total.

Post by Johnathan » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:46 pm

If you don't need the fee to be optional, then Total-Based Fee/Discount can add a fee automatically to the order, based on the cart total.

If you just need a flat fee, then the built-in Handling Fee extension can do that.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator