Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:32 am

I have just installed paypal standard, tested and appears working OK
However the order shows complete instead of pending or processing. I set the relevent fields as they all showed cancelled as the default..
Last edited by mikeinterserv on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Location - Wales

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 am

Complete in the PayPal module means Payment complete, so just set this to something like processing. I would also recommend Setting the Order Status in the main settings so something like error or needs checking. As this is the setting use if something goes wrong.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:50 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 am
I would also recommend Setting the Order Status in the main settings so something like error or needs checking. As this is the setting use if something goes wrong.
Not sure what you mean by the above

Some of our paypal orders are showing as an order and pending BUT some are showing as cancelled in missing orders.
I am very confused about the missing orders and the documentation on it is scarce along with the STATUSES whether in a module like paypal standard or in the shop settings.

Location - Wales

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:09 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:50 am
ADD Creative wrote:
I would also recommend Setting the Order Status in the main settings so something like error or needs checking. As this is the setting use if something goes wrong.
Not sure what you mean by the above

Some of our paypal orders are showing as an order and pending BUT some are showing as cancelled in missing orders.
I am very confused about the missing orders and the documentation on it is scarce along with the STATUSES whether in a module like paypal standard or in the shop settings.
With the PayPal standard module one of three things will happen with an order's status.

1. The order status will not get set at all and the order will be shown in missing orders. This will be because the customer abandoned the order before paying or your site didn't get the IPN from PayPal to say the customer paid.

2. The order status get set to the one set in the main OpenCart settings. This could be because the customer tried to defraud you by changing the value of the payment or the receiver. Or some other error.

3. The order status get set to the corresponding status set in the module. This is likely to happen when PayPal sends an IPN to say payment is 'Completed'. So the order status will be set to the status you have selected as the one of PayPal's 'Completed' in the module.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:46 pm

Thanks for that, I am getting there.
One thing
you said - or your site didn't get the IPN from PayPal
is the IPN taken care of in the module itself or is there anything I need to do

Location - Wales

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:59 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:46 pm
Thanks for that, I am getting there.
One thing
you said - or your site didn't get the IPN from PayPal
is the IPN taken care of in the module itself or is there anything I need to do
The IPN is taken care of by the module, so there should not be anything your need to do.

If you did have a problem with the IPN, then you can see the history in PayPal to see if it got to your server or if there was any error.
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-b ... perations/

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 pm

Thanks again
I did enable debugging in the paypal standard module and can see the successful IPN data.
Still not sure why some are showing cancelled in the missing orders, customer says they paid by paypal and payment was accepted.
I am sure I will ge to the bottom of it.

Location - Wales

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 am

I still think I have some sort of problem with these missing orders
When a paypal order is successful ie the whole order goes as expected and the order shows up correctly in new orders as pending and this is in the log for paypal debugging
2021-01-01 20:25:20 - PP_STANDARD :: IPN RESPONSE: VERIFIED
BUT there are other orders where there is NO error log in fact nothing in the log at all and the order goes to missing orders with cancelled status.
in the paypal standard statuses none of them are selected as cancelled

Location - Wales

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:47 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 am
I still think I have some sort of problem with these missing orders
When a paypal order is successful ie the whole order goes as expected and the order shows up correctly in new orders as pending and this is in the log for paypal debugging
2021-01-01 20:25:20 - PP_STANDARD :: IPN RESPONSE: VERIFIED
BUT there are other orders where there is NO error log in fact nothing in the log at all and the order goes to missing orders with cancelled status.
in the paypal standard statuses none of them are selected as cancelled
Missing orders should have no status. Are you sure you are not getting confused with the add history drop down?

If your are not seeing anything in the error log when debugging is on and you can see the payment in PayPal, then you need to check the IPN history for that order in your PayPal control panel. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-b ... perations/

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 am

Ah yes you are correct about add order history- the default is cancelled so easy to not catch that at first.
SO the order status is missing orders.

Customer says they did not cancel at checkout and paypal went through. order still went to missing orders.
I will get the shop owner to check the paypal account Monday to verify that payment went through.

I just can't work out yet why some of these paypal orders are going through correctly and others not.

Again thank you for your help

Location - Wales

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:09 am

ADD Creative wrote:
3. The order status get set to the corresponding status set in the module. This is likely to happen when PayPal sends an IPN to say payment is 'Completed'. So the order status will be set to the status you have selected as the one of PayPal's 'Completed' in the module.
This is paypals response in the log file to a successful order
PP_STANDARD :: IPN RESPONSE: VERIFIED

There is NO VERIFIED field in the paypal module to set
In the paypal module for COMPLETED I selected pending as we want ALL orders to show as pending.
ALL the SUCCESSFUL paypal orders currently show in orders correctly as pending.
The others have gone to missing orders with nothing in the logs

Location - Wales

Post by mikeinterserv » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:26 pm

This is why I have the missing orders and maybe useful to others that might encounter the same thing.

This site was switched over from an old site.
NO data was carried over - like vouchers or discount codes.
Customers coming to the new site who have a code from the old site are going STRAIGHT TO CHECKOUT without realising you can ONLY enter CODES and VOUCHERS in the CART itself.
It is VERY EASY to go STRAIGHT to checkout, EXPECTING to be able to enter the codes there. They get as far as selecting payment and CONTINUE only to find there is no place for the code or voucher then ABANDONING the order.

I will code a link in the checkout page that says REDEEM CODE or VOUCHER that links to the Cart, checkout/cart and displays the full CART so they can enter the voucher.
Unless anyone has a better idea.

Location - Wales

Post by gorilla-dot-ca » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 am

stock paypal standard is complete bullshit i had to get a frelancer to make it work as well as paypal pro and its still a work in progress as paypal stanadrd is not sending a call back to let the site know that the transaction went through so everything goes to missing orders we changed some coding to make it go to pending but still very frustrating to have to code default mods on a brand new site

Post by by mona » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:41 am

I can appreciate your frustration, but look at it this way. It is no longer supported by Opencart.
Check the marketplace https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rch=paypal

and the problem with complaining too much is that it is no longer supported by Opencart and the future will be that it is not included in the Opencart package and a paid module can be purchased in the marketplace .. so be careful what you wish for ..

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:48 am

gorilla-dot-ca wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 am
stock paypal standard is complete bullshit i had to get a frelancer to make it work as well as paypal pro and its still a work in progress as paypal stanadrd is not sending a call back to let the site know that the transaction went through so everything goes to missing orders we changed some coding to make it go to pending but still very frustrating to have to code default mods on a brand new site
PayPal Standard is very basic, but it does work and is still updated in the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch. If you are having problem with the IPN callback you need to check the IPN history in your PayPal account. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-b ... perations/

You should also check you server web access log to see that there are requests to /index.php?route=extension/payment/pp_standard/callback in there.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member