Post by Ledg » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi, all.

I'm using OpenCart 3.0.3.6 and I'm making a site for spare autoparts.

I wonder if there's a way to add a box which says for example "This attribute/filter/make etc. already exists" when there's a duplicate name?

By the time I'm done with my products, they'll probably be a hundred attributes and filters so it will be hard to keep count which ones I already added.

Thanks in advance.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm

I wonder if there's a way to add a box which says for example "This attribute/filter/make etc. already exists" when there's a duplicate name?
Where? Any URL with the precise page you could demonstrate?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Ledg » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm
Sorry If I didn't word it correclty, I meant in the admin menu when you add new attributes/filters etc if there's a way if a name is duplicate, to show a message like this.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Ledg wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sorry If I didn't word it correclty, I meant in the admin menu when you add new attributes/filters etc if there's a way if a name is duplicate, to show a message like this.
Yes, by creating a new event, and output the error message in JS codes, this could be done. However, ensure to install the TWIG Modification fix from the Marketplace since there's currently a bug with the admin TWIG outputs when using the events.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Ledg » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm
Ledg wrote:
straightlight wrote:

Yes, by creating a new event, and output the error message in JS codes, this could be done. However, ensure to install the TWIG Modification fix from the Marketplace since there's currently a bug with the admin TWIG outputs when using the events.
I see, thanks.

Is there a tutorial how to do it cause this is not my forte or should I just find someone to do it for me?

Thanks.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:57 am

Ledg wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm
Ledg wrote:

I see, thanks.

Is there a tutorial how to do it cause this is not my forte or should I just find someone to do it for me?

Thanks.
You can always find someone to do to it for you by creating a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, by contacting an Opencart partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site or contact me directly via PM to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:57 pm

Ledg wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 pm
If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:21 pm

You could also give this one a try: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=40949 .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Naheed » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Yes, with the help of an extension you can be able to detect duplicate products.
Following is some of the extensions that can help you out:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ct%20model.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=17330