Post by hyeclass » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 am

once the order has been completely created then i should get a order_id, i looks like it's skipping, if someone else is in the checkout or just in the cart, any addon i can use, at the end of the checkout i can get a order_id

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:09 am

You might want to translate that a bit better and ADD which OC version your using, whether you have extensions and whether its the standard theme or not.

Location - Wales

Post by fegdeed » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:57 am

hyeclass wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 am
once the order has been completely created then i should get a order_id, i looks like it's skipping, if someone else is in the checkout or just in the cart, any addon i can use, at the end of the checkout i can get a order_id
My guess is your orders are going to the missing orders, try to use the filter in admin order page to check missing orders and see if they’re there.

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by fegdeed » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:09 am
You might want to translate that a bit better and ADD which OC version your using, whether you have extensions and whether its the standard theme or not.
I agree...more info needed.

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 pm

hyeclass wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 am
once the order has been completely created then i should get a order_id, i looks like it's skipping
Yes that's normal.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by hyeclass » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:35 am

order hasn't been processed, it's normal for the opencart to vacated the order_id number, any addons i can use? once the order has been completed then order_id should process " what is doing is "

user 1 : has order_id number 1 hasn't finished checking out
user 2: has finished checkout it will assign order_id 2 instate of 1

looking for a addon that will not skip the order_id, once they finish checking out then vacate the order_id not like it has the item in the cart that user gets a order_id

using: 3.0.3.3

admin/sale/model/order.php

$sql .= " WHERE o.order_status_id > '0'";
to
$sql .= "";

it will show everything
Last edited by hyeclass on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 am

The order ID is AUTO generated in the DB
So
If user no1 does NOT checkout then user no1 does NOT have an order ID

If user no2 checks out he has the NEXT INCREMENTAL ID available in the DB

Location - Wales

Post by hyeclass » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:21 am

once you in the /index.php?route=checkout/checkout you get a order_id checkout or not checking out. keeps going up order_id even with a guess checkout

order_idPrimary int(11) No None AUTO_INCREMENT Change Change Drop Drop More More

any addon i can use - on confirmation page then they get a order_id #

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 am

hyeclass wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:21 am
once you in the /index.php?route=checkout/checkout you get a order_id checkout or not checking out. keeps going up order_id even with a guess checkout
If you DON'T CHECKOUT you DO NOT have an order ID
OTHERWISE ALL visitors browsing the site and putting stuff in cart etc etc etc would just keep creating hundreds of wasted order IDs
That is NOT what happens OR how it works.

The ONLY way you lose an order ID is when the order goes into MISSING ORDERS AFTER checking out or cancelling the order at payment
Last edited by mikeinterserv on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Wales

Post by sw!tch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 am

Its how opencart works!

Every time you reach the confirm section on the on checkout an order id is generated. If you reach the confirm section and go back to edit your address, another order id is generated. .

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:33 am

sw!tch wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 am
Its how opencart works!

Every time you reach the confirm section on the on checkout an order id is generated. If you reach the confirm section and go back to edit your address, another order id is generated. .
Yes still the NEXT incremental ID available - No order ID is LOST or SKIPPED
AND
I can't make 3.0.3.6 work like that
You would soon NOTICE these MISSING or SKIPPPED order IDs and wonder where the heck they are wouldn't you.
Because one day you see last order with ID 100 next day you see the NEXT order with ID 150 then there are EITHER 49 orders in MISSING ORDERS or WHAT ?
If they are NOT in MISSING ORDERS your ORDER ID is going to still be 101 NOT 150

Location - Wales

Post by sw!tch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:54 am

Right, but where did the OP mention not seeing them in missing orders? This is how opencart works.

Already plenty of threads and its been discussed many times.

Feel free to read through this thread to understand its working - viewtopic.php?f=121&t=9192#p43453

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:01 am

sw!tch wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:54 am
Right, but where did the OP mention not seeing them in missing orders? This is how opencart works.

Feel free to read through this thread to understand its working - viewtopic.php?f=121&t=9192#p43453
They HAVE to be in MISSING ORDERS - simple as that OR they have NO order ID
THEN if you had a list of ALL orders including missing ones there are NO SKIPPED or MISSING IDs
If you change that behaviour your order IDs will be all over the place.
in reality on a descent working site missing orders tend to be very few and far between anyway

Re the topic TL:DR but got the jist, thanks for that link

Location - Wales

Post by hyeclass » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am

i am tailing the sql and it shows once i am in

New Customer
Checkout:

Create Account
Guest Checkout
for example i am guess

once i put my info next page i am getting a order_id sql shows i haven't reach to final confirmation page.

why should i get a order_id if i haven't got to successful checkout confirmation page order was processed.

Post by hyeclass » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:57 am

sw!tch wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:54 am

you right, people still don't get it, my opinion it's done wrong, that's just me. i will not give you a order_id # if you haven't bought this item from me. for example "OsCommerce" doesn't work like the opencart dose - end of the checkout successful page you get a order #

got a find a way to recode this.

thank you guys for all the HELP

Post by sw!tch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:00 am

Right because occommerce had a separate table for handling PayPal orders. It was used for the IPN callback. (At least from what I remember, that was 10 plus years ago. )

Post by hyeclass » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:02 am

also, paypal doesn't work good, paypal standard - the status is 0 which is not active. customer place the order i got paid

I'm sure the problem with this is that if paypal callback cannot get through and a customer click back instead of returning to the store the order with be overwritten.
Last edited by hyeclass on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by hyeclass » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:04 am

sw!tch wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:00 am
Right because occommerce had a separate table for handling PayPal orders. It was used for the IPN callback. (At least from what I remember, that was 10 plus years ago. )
i am talking about Authorize.Net (AIM)

Post by sw!tch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:09 am

Right, but from what I understand is the logic was originally implemented into opencart to keep track of PayPal orders. viewtopic.php?f=121&t=9192#p61760
Last edited by sw!tch on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:11 am

hyeclass wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am
i am tailing the sql and it shows once i am in

New Customer
Checkout:

Create Account
Guest Checkout
for example i am guess

once i put my info next page i am getting a order_id sql shows i haven't reach to final confirmation page.
What makes you think that people are going to go as far as entering their information for checkout and THEN NOT checking out.
I know there could be the RARE reason but not many will do that in reality.
I understand what you want and the topic link by switch has many answers take a deeper look.
I think you may find you are worrying about something unnecessarily.

Location - Wales