Post by ideep13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi,

I am in the middle of setting up the accounting service that will be connected with my stores, so the the program wants me to install this extension https://opencart-api.com/product/rest-admin-api/ for Opencart. Is there any similar extension that is similar to this and cheaper? Or is this the only extension that exists that will work for API integration?

In wordpress it is easy to install this program through webhooks and api.

Your help is much appreciated.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 pm

While the OC version has not been posted as well as the 'program's name', regarding an extension's expanse, it cannot be cheaper than this one: https://github.com/straightlight/openca ... upload/api .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 pm

One OC version is 3.0.3.6. and the other one is 2.3.0.2 (but will be upgrading in a couple of weeks)
The program is https://e-racuni.com/

So this above what you suggested will be ok?

this is your extension I see :)

https://e-racuni.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?a ... ronization

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:00 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 pm
One OC version is 3.0.3.6. and the other one is 2.3.0.2 (but will be upgrading in a couple of weeks)
The program is https://e-racuni.com/

So this above what you suggested will be ok?

this is your extension I see :)

https://e-racuni.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?a ... ronization
They already use an API: https://eurofaktura.cz/HelpCZ/WikiPage? ... lang=Czech . You could link it easily with my extension. However, take note that e-racuni.com ain't seem to be whitelisted. Anti-virus comes up when loading their API website.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Before I proceed and make some stupid move (again :laugh: ) need to ask you a few more questions..

So this api folder goes everything into admin folder right?
I can't find instructions or download link so I downloaded everything from github from you (under code button).. Is this both good for both versions right?

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 pm
Before I proceed and make some stupid move (again :laugh: ) need to ask you a few more questions..

So this api folder goes everything into admin folder right?
I can't find instructions or download link so I downloaded everything from github from you (under code button).. Is this both good for both versions right?
It's good for the catalog-end side of Opencart but the database is accessible everywhere on the platform. Once downloaded, just use the API folder and link it with your project.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:57 pm

I screwed up something.. I am getting You are not authorized to view this page! Can you please help me privately to fix this?

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:57 pm
I screwed up something.. I am getting You are not authorized to view this page! Can you please help me privately to fix this?
You need to build an API login with your project. That is why you're seeing this message. As an e.g, you could use the one from the catalog/controller/api/login.php from the core.

An e.g with GuzzleHttp: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220903#p805005 .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:02 pm

The common/login controller can also be used from my API.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 pm
ideep13 wrote:
You need to build an API login with your project. That is why you're seeing this message. As an e.g, you could use the one from the catalog/controller/api/login.php from the core.

I overwritten files now.. I don't know how to do that. can you please help me back to previous state?

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 pm
straightlight wrote:
ideep13 wrote:

I overwritten files now.. I don't know how to do that. can you please help me back to previous state?
What do you mean overwritten files? Overwritten files to your whole store?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 pm
ideep13 wrote:
straightlight wrote:

you said I need to upload the files to catalog.. so I uploaded

index.php
api_startup.php
api_framework.php in root folder
system folder (engine and library) to system
and model to catalog folder

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:27 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 pm
straightlight wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 pm
ideep13 wrote:

you said I need to upload the files to catalog.. so I uploaded

index.php
api_startup.php
api_framework.php in root folder
system folder (engine and library) to system
and model to catalog folder
Nowhere to be said that the files needs to be uploaded on the catalog-end side. What's been said on the above is that the API is for the catalog-end side but the database can be pulled from everywhere. Instructions unfollowed. If you do not know how to restore your store, you could either send an incident request to your host to apply a restoration point, or you could go to your cPanel and restore your store yourself, or I could assist you as a custom job. If considering the custom job, send me a direct PM on the forum and we'll talk.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Instructions unfollowed.
that's rigid. Let me be myself very clear. There were no instructions at all, but you were insinuating that files should be put to catalog folder. So why would you promote your own crab, if you can not deliver the proper instructions? Or explain yourself in that manner, so that everybody can understand you?

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:45 pm

He didn't tell you to install or overwrite anything and if you feel the instructions were inadequate etc, why did you proceed without clarifying further.
You are trying to attribute blame to someone else instead of ensuring your own actions are correct. We all make mistakes

Location - Wales

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:08 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 pm
Instructions unfollowed.
that's rigid. Let me be myself very clear. There were no instructions at all, but you were insinuating that files should be put to catalog folder. So why would you promote your own crab, if you can not deliver the proper instructions? Or explain yourself in that manner, so that everybody can understand you?
In the nicest possible way, you don't know enough to be doing this yourself, so I suggest you pay a developer from the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ideep13 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:44 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:45 pm
He didn't tell you to install or overwrite anything and if you feel the instructions were inadequate etc, why did you proceed without clarifying further.
You are trying to attribute blame to someone else instead of ensuring your own actions are correct. We all make mistakes
I know my actions were wrong, mostly impulsive. I know my crab.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 pm
Instructions unfollowed.
Again, nowhere to be said that files should be uploaded in the catalog folder. The explanation was quite clear on that on my previous reply. At this point, it is not a matter of explaining but a matter of one the need to understand the way instructions were already provided at that particular time.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON