Post by ideep13 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:12 am

Well, I want an explanation. :laugh: after you deleted my 2 posts

If Journal theme is not recommended to use, I ask the developers of Opencart and their users to start recommending themes to use and where to buy them,.

All we can hear is Journal users will be banned, Journal users are not allowed to post ... As the topic was closed by IP_CAM that he opened, now he locked the theme. Furiously. :laugh: The topic explained why it is not recommended to use the theme, so it is beyond me to understand such kind of behaviour. Why would you remove that kind of information? It is good that we know why not to use Journal theme. So that was a stupid move.

So as I want to get a long with you guys, it is no need to ban us, just answer our questions.
Name me 10 themes that developer should recommend. So the users know what and where to look.
---
You have NOT been banned (yet, despite of the language, you sometimes use), but you obviously tried, to hide most important Information, on what you use on Code. So, just better try to play an honest Game, and take care of some WORDS, you sometimes use, if you really expect, to be served as you wish, for your own good.
Ernie

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:18 am

Well you can go to marketplace and look for themes or search google.
There are some GOOD themes out there but not many.
You are honestly better off developing or adapting the default theme.
A LOT can be done with the standard theme with just CSS styling alone.

Location - Wales

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:29 am

It's very simple: no Journal related posts here. That's it.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:40 am

Journal theme posts should not be removed. Just moved to Off-Topic section because of this... Off-Topic chit-chat not related to OpenCart. where, theoretically, you can post any sh*t not related to Opencart.

viewforum.php?f=16
mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:18 am
A LOT can be done with the standard theme with just CSS styling alone.
Same old car, new paint....
If you use other theme then Journal , and that theme have some modules, extra files..is not standard compliant :laugh:

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:03 am

Journal theme posts should not be removed.
So far, they have not been removed, just re-located into the commercial Forum Sections.
But we all have to be aware of the known Fact, that Journal never added to OC's wealth,
they just generated a few hundred 'Grands' of Cash, because of OpenCart, and if they would
really care about their Customers, and not ony try to profit out of that situation, they would at
least have their own 'unpaid' Forum, to handle Matters, related with their Code.

But they are most likely also well aware of the Fact, that Bulkloads of stolen Theme Extensions
exist, i.E., Facebook is full of dark Sheeps, trying to get support for them, and even here, it's likely
a similar situation.
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:11 am

While political views should not be addressed on personal notes toward another unsupported extension, Opencart.com simply does not deliver services for Journal or any of its affiliate, nor any themes supported by 3rd parties and the same applies to any extensions where it's not supported or no longer supported by the core. The Marketplace on Opencart.com has divided purposes where extension developers needs to normally take care of reported incident requests to its users, regardless if it's about Journal or any other claims, where Opencart core does not support originally by the source.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:19 am

ideep13 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:12 am
Well, I want an explanation. :laugh: after you deleted my 2 posts ..
Before you start posting and trumping up something, better click on your username at the left side and check your posts.
Then you will see that nothing is deleted!
Only moved to another section (where you should post also in future when you read relevant infos about the theme you are using otherwise they will be moved also).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:03 am
that Bulkloads of stolen Theme Extensions
I don't think are stolen extensions... just ideas from other extensions.
@OSWorX
I don't see the post where asked about Stock status......and where I have replied....
Well, it's possible, that I removed a topic, which got out of hand, sorry about that.
But reading all this, especially, confronted with some words, really not belonging into
a User Forum, likely just to release one's own frustration, I may have reached my limits
ot tolerance, especially in days like those, where Covit19 even makes healty People sick ... :crazy:
But I really don't like to check every single one of those postings, just to change existing
badwords, especially, if a Posters ICON looks like a nice little innocent Girl ...

But better don't dream, when it comes to stolen Journal Code, it's the number One
Darknet OC Extension on Earth. ;)

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:42 am

WTF !!
He's asking in this instance to GET AWAY from journal and use SOMETHING ELSE he's asking for suggestions.
I recommended tweaking the STANDARD out the box theme for simplicity right now, others seem to disagree.
If your going to disagree at least OFFER SOMETHING in the way of POSITIVE advice.
I know this OP is a bit wild but I've seen worse :-)

Location - Wales

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:47 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:42 am
WTF !!
He's asking in this instance to GET AWAY from journal and use SOMETHING ELSE he's asking for suggestions.
I recommended tweaking the STANDARD out the box theme for simplicity right now, others seem to disagree.
If your going to disagree at least OFFER SOMETHING in the way of POSITIVE advice.
I know this OP is a bit wild but I've seen worse :-)
He has already been advised to use CSS and tweak the default theme. Pretty good advise if you ask me.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:51 am

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:47 am
He has already been advised to use CSS and tweak the default theme. Pretty good advise if you ask me.
Yeah - By me - and the other response commenting on my suggestion has been deleted.

Location - Wales

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:52 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 am
@OSWorX
I don't see the post where asked about Stock status......and where I have replied....
Well, it's possible, that I removed a topic, which got out of hand, sorry about that.
As far as I know, only those posts will be deleted which are spam and advertising only - and there are many each day!
But if you want to help me, I can look into the log and clarify that - because I do also not like when posts with content get deleted!
Just write me a PM.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 am

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:52 am
xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 am
@OSWorX
As far as I know, only those posts will be deleted which are spam and advertising only - and there are many each day!
But if you want to help me, I can look into the log and clarify that - because I do also not like when posts with content get deleted!
Just write me a PM.
Its here
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=222091

Location - Wales

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:46 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 am

Its here
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=222091
I know that post...other was removed...

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:50 am

Posts about this Theme are always moved into that section - because Commercial.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ideep13 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Guys, :laugh: good morning :) Anything else except bit*hing about Journal? We are here for resolutions. Namaste.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 pm

ideep13 wrote:
Name me 10 themes that developer should recommend. So the users know what and where to look.
This is an excellent request.

I'll start with 2 of ours:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36706
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=37931

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:44 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:40 am
Same old car, new paint....

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by ideep13 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:47 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 pm
ideep13 wrote:
This is an excellent request.

I'll start with 2 of ours:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36706
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=37931
Thank you for your constructive reply. I will look into it.