Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 pm

There is a ocmod extension and you can add information page in menu...
Or just edited menu.twig...and added....

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by mitrecyclers » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:24 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:58 pm
Well you have 2 different links to auction
1 is the information page you created - Its NOT that
The OTHER is linked from the TOP MENU and says AUCTION - well its THAT page you have to edit

Did you use LAYOUT OVERIDE for your auction category
Thats right. It works fine on the information page and when same code is added to Category, it just gets squeezed.

https://mitrecyclers.com/Auction/
https://mitrecyclers.com/Auctions/

As information link was in bottom so wanted to make it visible in Front, so added as Category as well.

For all of your Mobile phone needs.
https://mitrecyclers.com


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by mitrecyclers » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 pm
There is a ocmod extension and you can add information page in menu...
Or just edited menu.twig...and added....
Do you have extension name handy?

For all of your Mobile phone needs.
https://mitrecyclers.com


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am

mitrecyclers wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:24 am
Thats right. It works fine on the information page and when same code is added to Category, it just gets squeezed.
As information link was in bottom so wanted to make it visible in Front, so added as Category as well.
OK how about you put the auction BACK into the INFORMATION PAGE
because
A: It works OK there
B: Easy for you to do.

Then you can HARD CODE the link into the TOP MENU
So go ahead and put your auction code in the INFORMATION PAGE that has BOTTOM LINK
Once you done that come back and I will see it

Now you need to EDIT the menu.twig
OC Admin
design>theme editor>common>menu.twig
and add this after line 23

Code: Select all

<li><a href="/Auctions">Auctions</a></li>

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am
mitrecyclers wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:24 am
Thats right. It works fine on the information page and when same code is added to Category, it just gets squeezed.
As information link was in bottom so wanted to make it visible in Front, so added as Category as well.
OK how about you put the auction BACK into the INFORMATION PAGE
because
A: It works OK there
B: Easy for you to do.

Then you can HARD CODE the link into the TOP MENU
So go ahead and put your auction code in the INFORMATION PAGE that has BOTTOM LINK
Once you done that come back and I will see it

Now you need to EDIT the menu.twig
OC Admin
design>theme editor>common>menu.twig
and add this after line 23

Code: Select all

<li><a href="/Auctions">Auctions</a></li>
Affects the SEO URLs by using static links.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:09 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59 am
Affects the SEO URLs by using static links.
How exactly - I do not like to disagree with you but this will do nothing to SEO URLs
The hard coded link is in effect an SEO url itself

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:09 am
straightlight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59 am
Affects the SEO URLs by using static links.
How exactly - I do not like to disagree with you but this will do nothing to SEO URLs
The $this->url->link refers to translated SEOs from the system/library/url.php file. Users who enables SEO extensions in their stores do need to use this OC object with their .htaccess file. Using static links may work for one user but may not work for the other due to the already excessive mount of extensions published on the Marketplace which differs the approach and strategies to output these links. The best e.g would be to build an event by using the $data['auction'] or $data['auctions'] that would lead to the $this->url->link as opposed to a static link via a TWIG file directly in all scenarios of URL history.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:18 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 am
mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:09 am
straightlight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59 am
Affects the SEO URLs by using static links.
How exactly - I do not like to disagree with you but this will do nothing to SEO URLs
The $this->url->link refers to translated SEOs from the system/library/url.php file. Users who enables SEO extensions in their stores do need to use this OC object with their .htaccess file. Using static links may work for one user but may not work for the other due to the already excessive mount of extensions published on the Marketplace which differs the approach and strategies to output these links. The best e.g would be to build an event by using the $data['auction'] or $data['auctions'] that would lead to the $this->url->link as opposed to a static link via a TWIG file directly in all scenarios of URL history.
I agree that is another approach and for some maybe the correct approach but in this instance I still think the simple method will more than suffice without problems. The OP can decide if he has those other considerations or not.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:18 am
straightlight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 am
mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:09 am


How exactly - I do not like to disagree with you but this will do nothing to SEO URLs
The $this->url->link refers to translated SEOs from the system/library/url.php file. Users who enables SEO extensions in their stores do need to use this OC object with their .htaccess file. Using static links may work for one user but may not work for the other due to the already excessive mount of extensions published on the Marketplace which differs the approach and strategies to output these links. The best e.g would be to build an event by using the $data['auction'] or $data['auctions'] that would lead to the $this->url->link as opposed to a static link via a TWIG file directly in all scenarios of URL history.
I agree that is another approach and for some maybe the correct approach but in this instance I still think the simple method will more than suffice without problems. The OP can decide if he has those other considerations or not.
Website analyzers should rather be considered regardless of what simplest decisions are provided or one store owner may decide since both leads can be leaded into a negative review by these stats where the OP user may not have considered. Which is why, on the forum, it is not explicit, nor is it declined, to explain those aspects to the users in general in the mean time.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 pm

mitrecyclers wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 am
xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 pm
There is a ocmod extension and you can add information page in menu...
Or just edited menu.twig...and added....
Do you have extension name handy?
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19649
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=10969

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by mitrecyclers » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:29 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 pm
mitrecyclers wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 am
xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 pm
There is a ocmod extension and you can add information page in menu...
Or just edited menu.twig...and added....
Do you have extension name handy?
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19649
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=10969
Thanks. Worked great. :-)

For all of your Mobile phone needs.
https://mitrecyclers.com


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests