Post by aristosv » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:07 pm

I was looking for a way to receive payments for purchased products on my opencart shop. Local credit card processing companies are too expensive, and PayPal charges way too much for each withdrawal. Plus your money is tied to PayPal.

Revolut offers an option to receive payments by sending someone a payment link. You define the amount of money you want to receive and it generates a unique link which you email to the person who just made a purchase on you opencart shop.

When they click on it, they will visit a website where they will provide some information and their credit card number, and voila! The amount you requested is now in your Revolut card. No charges and no fees.

So I modified "cash on delivery" payment method, renamed it to "Credit Card" and it simply informs the customer that once the order is placed, they will receive a Credit Card payment link. Job done!

The only minor issue here is that you have to generate the link and send it to the customer, which is a manual task. No big deal really, but ideally an opencart extension that talks to Revolut via API, and automatically generates the payment link for my Revolut account/amount, would be ideal.

I'm no developer so I'm just throwing this out there, in case someone wants to investigate if this is possible.

Attachments

11.jpg

11.jpg (12.33 KiB) Viewed 28268 times

22.jpg

22.jpg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 28268 times

Post by hardgamer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Any news on this? Has anyone heard some Dev to be assigned to create a module for Revolut / OpenCart integration?

------------------------------
Still a Noobie...
My page: http://designninja.net Graphic designer services made easy!

Location - Bulgaria

Post by thekrotek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:43 pm

hardgamer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:28 pm
Any news on this? Has anyone heard some Dev to be assigned to create a module for Revolut / OpenCart integration?
I can create this payment method for you. Drop me an email or send a message in Skype and we'll discuss the details.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Their APIs requires to create a private certificate .PEM key which is not a solution as an economical feature since it is not in good practice nor does it provide a secured method to your customers to pay their goods despite if a link is provided afterwards. Second is that by looking at their APIs, revolut does seem to allow online banking account payments but I don't see the credit cards method.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm

Revolut.
Has a banking license, but no current accounts yet (no deposit guarantee or standing orders, direct debits only in EUR)
Customer support has been historically poor.
The cash-transfer app currently works with banks such as Barclays to hold deposits — an arrangement that means customers are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, which protects amounts of up to £85,000.
Revolut also relies on a partner, Lending Works, to offer fast credit to customers.
In the past three years, Revolut has seen the departure of two chief risk officers, two money laundering reporting officers, a chief compliance officer and a chief finance officer, amongst other roles

Money laundering operation setup by UK based Ukrainians.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by parkookk » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 am

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm
Revolut.
Has a banking license, but no current accounts yet (no deposit guarantee or standing orders, direct debits only in EUR)
Customer support has been historically poor.
The cash-transfer app currently works with banks such as Barclays to hold deposits — an arrangement that means customers are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, which protects amounts of up to £85,000.
Revolut also relies on a partner, Lending Works, to offer fast credit to customers.
In the past three years, Revolut has seen the departure of two chief risk officers, two money laundering reporting officers, a chief compliance officer and a chief finance officer, amongst other roles

Money laundering operation setup by UK based Ukrainians.
Tanks, very informative, however, PayPal is not guaranteed by FSCS either. But seeing that their officers are leaving the company is not a good sign. Where did you get this information? is there a link?

Location - london

Post by ideep13 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:31 pm

paypal will loose a lot of costumers with their new policy of blocking people funds for 7-14 days, even 180 days..
I do not operate with Paypal anymore as they were blocking my funds to that measure I couldn't work normally..

But I am interested in integrating revolut as well in my opencart.. but I can not find any options in my app to create the link?Am I missing something?

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 pm

Revolut also seem to encourage the use of JS headers from view-source that includes customers information to be passed when customers needs to be redirected to Revolut website to complete their payments.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ideep13 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:29 pm

Is there an extension so I can offer this in my store?
I would like to have this.