Post by booktrader » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:42 am

Hello,
i m coding a jewelry online store. There are 3 kinds of metals (22k gold, 14k gold and silver) and we are selling them with different rates. Because of the prices are changing so many times in a day, i need to update prices but its not possible to change one by one. i need something like this; Product 1 : 22k, 10grams // Product 2: 14k gold, 14grams // Product 3 : silver 18grams. i want to set a rate for each metal, and i want the site update all products with "exchange rate x grams" formula. how can i do that?

Post by thekrotek » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:00 pm

booktrader wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:42 am
how can i do that?
By posting a request in Commercial Support section.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by booktrader » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:13 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:00 pm
booktrader wrote:
how can i do that?
Thanks for the answer.
I can code in php enough, but not experienced enough in opencart logic.
I can make this modification by editing core files, but it s not true way. Can you give me a suggestion, like; writing a plugin oc mod, or cronjob maybe ?

Post by kestas » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:10 pm

booktrader wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:13 pm
thekrotek wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:00 pm
booktrader wrote:
how can i do that?
Thanks for the answer.
I can code in php enough, but not experienced enough in opencart logic.
I can make this modification by editing core files, but it s not true way. Can you give me a suggestion, like; writing a plugin oc mod, or cronjob maybe ?
Never change core files!!!
If you use OC version up to 3.0.x.x.x You can use OCMOD, or on OC recommendations you should use Event system.
For the latest version you can use only Event system. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System

In my opinion, it’s easier for a guy who sells gold to make an inquiry in the commercial forum section... ;) ::) And forget programing

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:08 pm

booktrader wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:13 pm
I wonder if there would be a way to do this only with the currency system.

E.g. you create a new currency for 24k gold and then adjust the conversion rate with $ when the price of metal changes ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom