Post by jrr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 am

I have a thousands of diodes and transistors - and I am looking for a way to integrate the transistor/diode/etc name with a spreadsheet list.

As an example, a transistor called 2N6122 - looking at the spreadsheet it has values of Material, Polarity, Power Dissipation, Vcb, DC Current Gain, and many more characteristics.

What I would like to have happen is the default for my semiconductors is a table format with the left side being the list of characteristics and the right column being the specifications - all drawn from the spreasheet list by the device part number.

IDENT MATL POL PDIS Vcb Vce Veb Ic T Ft Co HFE MFR CASE
2N6122 Si npn 40W 60V 60V 5V 4A 150>C 2MHz - 25/100 FSC TO220AB

Something like this - perhaps with nice table borders though:

Material - Si
Polarity - NPN
Power - Max - 40W
Current - Collector (Ic) (Max) - 4A
Voltage - Collector Emitter Breakdown (Max) - 80V
DC Current Gain (hFE) - 25/100
Operating Temperature -65°C ~ 150°C (TJ)
Mounting Type - Through Hole
Package / Case - TO-220-3

I tried hunting in the extensions but couldn't find anything that suggested it would do the job, and partly because I am sure I wasn't using the correct search terms.

Anyone seen anything like this that will work with OC? Or am I going to have to code it myself (not without a lot of clues!) or pay someone a bunch of beer to create it?
Thanks!

jrr

Post by kestas » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:50 am

Have you tried to use attributes?

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by jrr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:26 am

kestas wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:50 am
Have you tried to use attributes?
No, but I'm trying for this to be dynamic - where when I add a part that is on the table it automatically is updated with the relevant data when viewed by the potential customer. Can attributes do that?

jrr

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:17 am

jrr wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 am
I have a thousands of diodes and transistors - and I am looking for a way to integrate the transistor/diode/etc name with a spreadsheet list.

As an example, a transistor called 2N6122 - looking at the spreadsheet it has values of Material, Polarity, Power Dissipation, Vcb, DC Current Gain, and many more characteristics.

What I would like to have happen is the default for my semiconductors is a table format with the left side being the list of characteristics and the right column being the specifications - all drawn from the spreasheet list by the device part number.

IDENT MATL POL PDIS Vcb Vce Veb Ic T Ft Co HFE MFR CASE
2N6122 Si npn 40W 60V 60V 5V 4A 150>C 2MHz - 25/100 FSC TO220AB

Something like this - perhaps with nice table borders though:

Material - Si
Polarity - NPN
Power - Max - 40W
Current - Collector (Ic) (Max) - 4A
Voltage - Collector Emitter Breakdown (Max) - 80V
DC Current Gain (hFE) - 25/100
Operating Temperature -65°C ~ 150°C (TJ)
Mounting Type - Through Hole
Package / Case - TO-220-3

I tried hunting in the extensions but couldn't find anything that suggested it would do the job, and partly because I am sure I wasn't using the correct search terms.

Anyone seen anything like this that will work with OC? Or am I going to have to code it myself (not without a lot of clues!) or pay someone a bunch of beer to create it?
Thanks!
If you want something nicely done, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jrr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:17 am
jrr wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 am

Thanks!
If you want something nicely done, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.
Couldn't someone fix the titles of the forum sections? In the Development section I see subjects like:

Feature Requests
Enter all OpenCart 1.x feature requests here.

I know once one has hung around a while people just ignore the "1.x" limitation but it is off-putting for new folks who are into 2.x or 3.x as they assume those areas are not for them.

PLEASE change the subject lines to something like:

Enter all OpenCart feature requests here (if indeed ALL OC variations are accepted.)

I figure you, straightlight, have been around long enough to know the people who need to be reminded that some of us haven't been here since 200x. I appreciate all the free help you give, you are very generous with your time!

Thanks!
John :-#)#
(PS, I will post there and see what happens)

jrr