Post by MarcPinnell » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:04 am

We have a situation where a scammer is using a customer's site to check hundreds of credit cards for validity. Basically they get to the bottom of the single page checkout and run the cards one right after the other until they get one that goes through. I don't see anything built into OC (3.02) that lets us setup any type of submission rate (velocity) checking. I wasn't able to find anything in the marketplace. Has anyone come across (or come up with themselves) a way to prevent this?

Post by Cue4cheap » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:37 am

I don't know of many for Opencart on the marketplace but I would also try searching for "opencart Carding Prevention" on google. Fraudlabs has a result you'll find by doing a google search and they do have an extension for opencart too.
I know one method of using paypal for credit cards has an offer to enable "carding prevention" but their implementation is a little "sledgehammer" like. i.e. it will block ALL transactions once their prevention is triggered and will stay that way until you stop the carding from happening. So that isn't a solution to prevent it from happening over and over just stops it for a while.

I hope this helps you on the direction to finding one that will work for you.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm

MarcPinnell wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:04 am
Has anyone come across (or come up with themselves) a way to prevent this?
Turn on 3D secure which is done on the credit card gateway merchant admin.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by MarcPinnell » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:00 pm

Cue4cheap wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:37 am
I don't know of many for Opencart on the marketplace but I would also try searching for "opencart Carding Prevention" on google. Fraudlabs has a result you'll find by doing a google search and they do have an extension for opencart too.
From what I can see Fraudlabs only flags possible bad transactions, but won't prevent them from happening. My client had hundreds of cards run against a single order and got their CC gateway shut down. I am looking for something that will stop that behavior.

Post by MarcPinnell » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm
This looks interesting and I am following up with their gateway provider. Thanks.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:17 pm

MarcPinnell wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm
This looks interesting and I am following up with their gateway provider. Thanks.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom