Post by Spud5 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:26 pm

Since yesterday morning my opencart shop is down due to it showing a white page on the index or front page. One can access the shop by using links from another site and remarkably an order has been placed and a new customer has signed up!
Yum updates were performed on the server the night before this happened although nothing is being shown in the logs
How does one rectify this error please? What causes this error?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:47 pm

There's always something in the logs, just different ones. Check your other (parent, server) error log.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Spud5 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:00 pm

According to the server team there is nothing in the logs below is their most recent reply:
However, it is difficult to say what is happening because there are no errors being sent to the logs by the application. The error log the shop/ root does not show anything outside of the tests we ran.

Can you check if there's a debugging option in your application that you can enable in order for all errors to get logged?

Once some type of error reporting is enabled then we should be able to see why the index page isn't loading.
Thank you for your reply,

Post by thekrotek » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:31 pm

Your server team doesn't seem to be smart enough. Might worth changing the hosting company.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 pm

If the server team made some server updates, why not fix the problem?

LE. Better check if PHP version was changed in Cpanel.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:29 pm

Spud5 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:26 pm
Since yesterday morning my opencart shop is down due to it showing a white page on the index or front page. One can access the shop by using links from another site and remarkably an order has been placed and a new customer has signed up!
Yum updates were performed on the server the night before this happened although nothing is being shown in the logs
'White page' is usually a server error. There should be an 'error_log' file on the public_html, or store root folder. FTP to your account and look for an error log and see what it says.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 pm

Based on server changes, if using cPanel, also look in your ./logs/*.tar.gz files in the access logs for latest error entries.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Spud5 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:26 pm
You should have support from an OpenCart developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom