Post by AditiAnand » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:02 am

I am using Opencart version 3.0.3.7 for website development. Although I am able to make a successful connection using PuTTY from my application host, I am getting the below DB connectivity issue on Step 3 of Opencart installation.

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user '<database username>'@'<application server host name>' (using password: YES) in opencart/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

Could anyone suggest to me something on this issue?

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:49 pm

Yes.
Wrong informations: like password, username, missing all permission for username...

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by AditiAnand » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:58 am

With the same credentials like username, password, and host, etc., I am able to connect to the database from the MySQL client installed on the host. Therefore, credentials should not be the concern. Also, if I check the grants, it's been set using wildcard %.

Is there anything else that can be a concern or I should try doing?

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:52 am

AditiAnand wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:58 am
With the same credentials like username, password, and host, etc., I am able to connect to the database from the MySQL client installed on the host. Therefore, credentials should not be the concern. Also, if I check the grants, it's been set using wildcard %.

In this case, the error credentials message should neither be ignored.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:28 pm

AditiAnand wrote:

Logins must be wrong, whatever you say.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:21 pm

AditiAnand wrote:

Any special characters or leading or trailing spaces in any of the login credentials?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by AditiAnand » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:32 pm

I have an underscore in the database name. However, I tried with the one having no underscore as well. That also did not help.

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:11 pm

AditiAnand wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:32 pm
I have an underscore in the database name. However, I tried with the one having no underscore as well. That also did not help.
Simply compare the database information with the ones from your host console. If you don't know how to proceed, either look on Google, Youtube, contact your host or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to pull your information.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON