Post by sbisel » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am

Getting very frustrated with trying to configure OpenCart.

I have version 3.0.3.7.

I have configured a category ... Let's call it Cat1. I set it as "parent", i.e., didn't put anything in that field. I check "Top" box. It shows on the main menu fine.
I have configured a sub category to the Parent Category, Cat1. Let's call it "Sub1". On the main menu, it shows as a sub category.

So far so good.

Now ... trying to add a product to that sub category. The sub category does not show up in the list when I start to type the category name. I have tried this with existing sample products ... same. But I can add my product to an existing sample category > sub category.

Can anyone explain this?

Steve

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm

More info needed. Using any extensions? Is your storage folder outside of your public_html folder? Have you checked your database tables noticing the change when adding new products? Forum rules.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:49 pm

sbisel wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am
Now ... trying to add a product to that sub category. The sub category does not show up in the list when I start to type the category name. I have tried this with existing sample products ... same. But I can add my product to an existing sample category > sub category.

Can anyone explain this?
Maybe you should use a developer rather than trying to do it all yourself?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom