Post by Msdbl » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:16 pm

Hello, I am running OC 3.0.3.7 after upgrading our Shop and wanted to use PayPal Express as the Payment Option. When a customer orders a product it goes to the checkout and then on to a new window in PayPal. Then it either has a blank screen or I can add a card payment option then has a spinning wheel saying processing which could last days! I have been in touch with Paypal as it was a PayPal window and their engineers have come back to me saying it is an Opencart problem. They also said that it was a common OC issue. I have been searching the Forum for some help but to no joy. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you. Martin

Post by OSWorX » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:55 am

Msdbl wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:16 pm
I have been in touch with Paypal as it was a PayPal window and their engineers have come back to me saying it is an Opencart problem. They also said that it was a common OC issue.
PayPal and their "Engineers" - not the best solution to solve problems ..
And did they say also what the "OpenCart problem" is?
Guess not - it's always easy to say "others are fault".

You told us, that the bug is in the new window - called the PayPal checkout window from your shop to confirm the payment - correct?
To verify there what's going on, simply hit F12 in your browser (opens the developer console).
And watch the massive errors on there!

Why should it OpenCarts problem when you are at PayPal?
And enable the log inside the PayPal payment module and check what's stored (see System > Log),

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Msdbl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:41 am

Thanks for the quick reply to my post. Yes I do agree they (PayPal)were quick to blame OpenCart and seemed strange to me that it was in a PayPal window as you pointed out!
I will check for Errors on hopefully new sales, I will use Crome and their Developer part and that should show what errors there are. I did send PayPal an Har file and log of the problem. I have attached the log file. Best, Martin

Attachments

Post by Msdbl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:52 am

As you have gathered I didn't get much help from PayPal and have got round the issue by not using Paypal Express and just using PayPal Standard in the Payment section. I know it sounds obvious but if it helps someone all well and good. Thanks for the help. Cheers