Post by drillsar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:18 am

The major problem with Opencart as I mentioned is the MyISam database. With this database is not very good with transactions. I actually tested it to prove my point. I made a 106 orders and out of 106 I lost 2 orders that is a major problem. They need to make a very serious switch to InnoDB and should be #1 priority in my opinion.

Post by yodapt » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:20 am

Such change can be made without that much effort, if that's the only problem you see in OC.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by SteveL14 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:57 pm

drillsar wrote:Opencart is good for people to learn how PHP is done and than move on to a more robust cart like prestashop, oscommerce, cs-cart, etc. Opencart use github for development?
You pushing oscommerce would have nothing to do with your latest posts on the oscommerce forum about copying and using someone elses code to make a loaded version of a non official version of oscommerce would it.

Post by ocmobi » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:05 pm

It's not that easy you can't just change engines and you're done. You actually have to write transaction statements in the code and handle rollback In php. Easier said than done.

OCMobi - Opencart 1x and 2x native mobile applications, developer SDKs, Rest API, and custom services. Email us at support@ocmobi.com!

Pricing | Features | Custom Services
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram

Post by rph » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:59 am

drillsar wrote:The major problem with Opencart as I mentioned is the MyISam database. With this database is not very good with transactions. I actually tested it to prove my point. I made a 106 orders and out of 106 I lost 2 orders that is a major problem. They need to make a very serious switch to InnoDB and should be #1 priority in my opinion.
This whole thing reads like FUD from someone who isn't a developer or has very little experience as one. OpenCart certainly has issues but its storage engine is far down that list.

I very much doubt orders were lost. That would realistically only occur under heavy load testing and 106 orders is far too small a number for that. I just ran 1000 dummy orders and they completed in well under 1 second with no data loss. Odds are your missing orders are under "abandoned orders" because of the way OpenCart assigns order IDs.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by jimheim » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Totaly agree! Opencart is a waste of time, journal seems the last hope for it but journal is a poor wannabe wordrepss builder type like wp-bakey or elementor etc...
About opencart unfortunatly after the 3.x release the ship is going down. I use to build shops on opencart before many many years.. when that twig wasn't around...
Now i have only one client with opencart. A poor man that someone obviosly stupid enough build him an eshop with opencart 3.0.2 and journal. The system is full with bugs and twig...
I know a lot people (developers mostly) that will agree with my post and only one (not a developer) that is still supporting oc but that's becasue he doesn't know any other system.
Seriously i give respect to the developers that are still struggling with opencart and i understand them, they have invest time energy etc. but i think its a bit masochistic. Its like still being in love with an exgirlfriend back in highschool and now you are 40 she is mairried and lives in an other continent.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:18 am

jimheim wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:02 pm
Totaly agree! Opencart is a waste of time, journal seems the last hope for it but journal is a poor wannabe wordrepss builder type like wp-bakey or elementor etc...
About opencart unfortunatly after the 3.x release the ship is going down. I use to build shops on opencart before many many years.. when that twig wasn't around...
Now i have only one client with opencart. A poor man that someone obviosly stupid enough build him an eshop with opencart 3.0.2 and journal. The system is full with bugs and twig...
I know a lot people (developers mostly) that will agree with my post and only one (not a developer) that is still supporting oc but that's becasue he doesn't know any other system.
Seriously i give respect to the developers that are still struggling with opencart and i understand them, they have invest time energy etc. but i think its a bit masochistic. Its like still being in love with an exgirlfriend back in highschool and now you are 40 she is mairried and lives in an other continent.
Cool story, bro. Please, tell us more, we're all very excited!

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by clicker.extensions » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:44 am

:crazy:

So how is a new version of oscommerce after 6 years? :laugh:

Damn, what is a problem building a store for $600? Or even for $6000?

You create a store to make money. Why do you think it should be free?
What kind of business is this, when $600 is an insurmountable sum?
Perhaps you also use a free hosting and domain? And write in their forum, that they are sucks, slow and unstable?

Yes, must agree, OpenCart does not evolution that fast as most would like. But still there are not much free open source alternatives around.
And building a good shop with them will not be cheaper for sure.

Post by madimak » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:01 pm

I have no idea why the heck Open Cart is using MYISAM engine for one. I am just trying to give feedback for improvement to this cart.
Last edited by madimak on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by thekrotek » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:42 pm

madimak wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:01 pm
I have no idea why the heck Open Cart is using MYISAM engine for one. I am just trying to give feedback for improvement to this cart.
Convert it to InnoDB.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by clicker.extensions » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:43 pm

madimak wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Is it so hard to make 4 mouse clicks in phpMyAdmin if you need InnoDB? It takes 1 minute :laugh:

BTW, OC4 comes with InnoDB tables.