Post by cableintel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:00 pm

Opencart Version: 2.0.3.1
Theme: Custom

Hi guys,

We're currently encountering an issue whereby occasionally customers will mistakenly order the same thing twice. I believe this is happening where customers are impatient and click the checkout button more than once.

Can anyone advise if it's possible to set opencart to only take payment once during checkout?

We are using the Worldpay payment method, for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 pm

cableintel wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi guys,

We're currently encountering an issue whereby occasionally customers will mistakenly order the same thing twice. I believe this is happening where customers are impatient and click the checkout button more than once.

Can anyone advise if it's possible to set opencart to only take payment once during checkout?

Thanks in advance!
Check the develover's guide. You will have to add a beforeSubmit callback to disable/enable the submit button:

https://developer.worldpay.com/docs/wpop/template-form

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by cableintel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:21 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 pm
cableintel wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
Check the develover's guide. You will have to add a beforeSubmit callback to disable/enable the submit button:

Thanks for your reply!

Are you able to expand on this at all in terms of how to add this? I can't seem to find this in the guide (we don't normally fiddle with the payment gateway files).

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:22 am

cableintel wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:21 pm
rjcalifornia wrote:
cableintel wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply!

Are you able to expand on this at all in terms of how to add this? I can't seem to find this in the guide (we don't normally fiddle with the payment gateway files).
Find the callback section, there try to disable the "Order/Pay" button
https://developer.worldpay.com/docs/wpop/own-form

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:44 am

Or, find a more up-to-date extension on the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:33 pm

cableintel wrote:

As far as I remember, OpenCart does disable the checkout button after it's clicked so it must be your WorldPay gateway that doesn't.

Contact the extension developer.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ADD Creative » Sat May 01, 2021 4:39 am

cableintel wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:21 pm
rjcalifornia wrote:
cableintel wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply!

There is an example using beforeSubmit here.
https://developer.worldpay.com/docs/wpo ... plate-form

You will have to update the worldpay.tpl file somewhat, as it seems to use an old version of the Worldpay JavaScript library. We found the even this and adding a second check in the controller did not stop all the duplicate payments. And there were a few other bugs.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom