Post by cbishwaraj » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:22 am

Hi,
I have enabled the product feeds- Google Base & Google Sitemap in shopping cart ( from admin panel),
But i don't know how it works, can anybody explain for me Please ?
does it automatilly go to google base or we have to use seperate tool/method for this ?
How can we check the google Base ? and Next, I would be happy if you could please tell me about
how to work with RSS ??

Thank you very much for your support.
John

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:38 am

for the sitemap you'll have to enter it into google webmaster tools. For the google base you have to enter it into the google merchant services.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by cbishwaraj » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Thank you Xsecrets ,
I understand, For Google base we need google merchant services and we need to upload the data info ( products info, image url, price etc) in theirs format.

I couldn't export my SQL file in Google base format ( as given in CSV and txt file). Is there any tool we can use to export the file as google merchant service needs ??? Otherwise, It will be time consuming job to format the products as google base.

I tried exporting opencart databse from MYSQL but, format is totally different and it takes a long time to edit as similar to google base needs.

Any help on this would be great.

Thank you very much.
JOHN NY

Post by SteveSherry » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

You need to install and enable the product feeds section.

going to google merchant services allows you to submit the url for your data feed and then they'll check the feed regularly with no further help from you.

It's the same with the sitemap, give google the link and they'll check it regularly.

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by cbishwaraj » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 am

Hi SteveSherry,
Do i need to install seperately ( with seperate installation file) Product feeds or just install and enable the feed from Admin->Extension-> Product Feeds.

and is it all about just submitting the URL instead of uploading CSV or txt file with product information ?
Where should I submit the link ?

I would appreciate if you could please let me know about this.

Thank you very much for your help.

JOHN NY

Post by SteveSherry » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 pm

cbishwaraj wrote:Hi SteveSherry,
Do i need to install seperately ( with seperate installation file) Product feeds or just install and enable the feed from Admin->Extension-> Product Feeds.
Yes, copy the files to your live site and then enable it in Admin->Extension-> Product Feeds
cbishwaraj wrote: and is it all about just submitting the URL instead of uploading CSV or txt file with product information ?
Where should I submit the link ?
The only way I could find to do it was to make up a file name for google, then after that amend it and give them your URL and they'll check it automatically.

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by jc-piazza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:30 am

my problem is slightly different - the feed works fine as long as I manually edit the file first but adding a line break after each of the first few XML tags. The file comes like <tag1><tag2><tag3> etc., and I change it to:
<tag1>
<tag2>
<tag3>
etc.

and then upload it manually and it works fine. The automatic feed doesn't work, though, unless I edit the file like that. I am using version ... well, I don't know how to tell which version I'm using. ???

Post by SteveSherry » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:57 am

Can you give me a link to your google base file?

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 am

http://store.jaygilford.com/index.php?r ... duct_id=49
That should produce a fully compliant Google Base feed for you

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by linosys123 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 pm

upload the latest Google category list from upload button present at right top corner in green color.
Download latest Google category list from following link: https://support.google.com/merchants/an ... 4436?hl=en

1. Step one : Select the Google Category from list once you click on the input box.
2. select the Product Category of your store you want to sync with the google category list.
3. Click on + button at right corner of category input box.

Run the Data Feed Url in the browser. You will see the sync products list of your store in the xml format.

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:15 pm

Guys i am running into one issue the feed is uploading to the google merchant center but their is No size or color from Google Base Extension.

any help or suggestions.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by ahimanshu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:35 am

linosys123 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 pm
upload the latest Google category list from upload button present at right top corner in green color.
Download latest Google category list from following link: https://support.google.com/merchants/an ... 4436?hl=en

1. Step one : Select the Google Category from list once you click on the input box.
2. select the Product Category of your store you want to sync with the google category list.
3. Click on + button at right corner of category input box.

Run the Data Feed Url in the browser. You will see the sync products list of your store in the xml format.
Hi Thanks, its work with me, after fetch the data found some errors in google merchant
1. Invalid or missing required attribute: price
2 Unsupported currency in attribute: price
3. Invalid GTIN value
4. Encoding problem (double UTF8 encoding) in attribute: description
5. Ambiguous GTIN code
6. Images Could not upload

Feed link : https://www.patoys.in/googlebase.xml (https://www.patoys.in/)

Please Help
Regards
Himanshu
Last edited by ahimanshu on Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regards
Himanshu

Location - New Delhi

Post by ahimanshu » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:49 am

Now i am fix it :
1. Invalid or missing required attribute: price
2 Unsupported currency in attribute: price

Google merchant account select Country and shipping.

Regards
Himanshu

Location - New Delhi