Post by usadetectors.com » Tue May 10, 2022 12:18 am

Hi all,
I hired someone to upgrade my 1.5.6.4 to the current version 3.0.3.8 and all was good for a minute. I was having issue after issue with the install and he wasn't able to fix it, I asked the guys at A-2 to do a server rewind to an earlier date and mysteriously there were no backups available. I did have one on my computer and uploaded it in the file manager to the public_html file and now after the restore was done I am having sql issues and now my site is completely down. I have been down for 3 weeks and I have tried everything that I can do fix it. I know at this point I have made the matter worse and probably messed up all the files.. Is it possible for someone to take a look and see if this challenge can be resolved? I am using 1.5.6.1 and using the default theme but I have openshop theme installed as well as vq-mod. That is pretty much it.. I still have a copy of the backup in the public html folder. all I waned to do was update it to the default theme in 3.0.3.8. I would appreciate any help I can get with this. Thank you all very much... J.C www.usadetectors.com

John Cline
USADetectors.com

Location - Spring, Texas

Post by by mona » Tue May 10, 2022 12:26 am

Probably best to post in the commercial section.

Have to restored the database or just the files ? The dbs are not the same.
Have you changed your config files to locate the correct database admin and root?

listing
I have tried everything that I can do fix it
is would be helpful

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by usadetectors.com » Tue May 10, 2022 12:36 am

Hi Mona
I apologize if I placed my topic in the wrong section, I have tried that and I am not that good at finding the little misconfigurations at all. I have to leave to the pro's on this one. I think I may have really messed things up and I am hopeful it can be salvaged. Thank you..

John Cline
USADetectors.com

Location - Spring, Texas

Post by by mona » Tue May 10, 2022 12:43 am

It is not the wrong section as such - if you post viewforum.php?f=88 then developers will come back to you with quotes

Here (this part of the forum) no one will be able to help without you posting more details like I have requested above.
If this part (the help part) of the forum bypasses the commercial section it will just become another place for developers to tout for work rather than a useful tool for the community.

It might be an idea to search posts on the OC1.5x forum and select someone to ask?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 10, 2022 5:06 pm

Well, from my personal point of view, the word UPGRADE should be forbidden, when it comes to Opencart. The only upgradable thing could be the Database, everything else will no longer function, one should better be aware of this, especially by moving up to a higher OC-Version.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by johnp » Tue May 10, 2022 5:28 pm

Did the guy who did the upgrade not take a backup of the files and database before he started?

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by usadetectors.com » Wed May 11, 2022 2:45 am

I have no clue, he said he does but I still have no working website. Hes been trying to figure out the problem the last time we spoke. He is in India and I am in Texas. There is a half day time difference between the 2 of us. I thought A-2 hosting would have a backup but turns out they don't . That is why they have not been able to do anything..

John Cline
USADetectors.com

Location - Spring, Texas

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 11, 2022 4:18 am

If you still have a copy of your 1.5.6.x Version Database, you could re-install something like this, to at least have a working shop again:
https://github.com/IP-CAM/Opencart-v.1. ... 29-Version

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by usadetectors.com » Wed May 11, 2022 5:01 am

I understand what your saying. I know there is a backup or 2 in the file manager but I don't know the first thing about setting or even what version is sitting in there. May be both versions. I am not tech saavy and I am very limited. Probably why I am in this situation... I have used opencart since 2014 and have had no issue at all until now, I honestly thought there was a better support system. But in any case I am not moving away from opencart for any reason and these issues will eventually get fixed and we will all move on.. Thank you for trying to assist me but I really have no idea how to fix or repair or restore this site.. It' s all in there (the old files) I just don't know how to get things in the right place in order to get it to work.. Thanks Guys and Gals

John Cline
USADetectors.com

Location - Spring, Texas

Post by straightlight » Wed May 11, 2022 8:28 am

usadetectors.com wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:01 am
I understand what your saying. I know there is a backup or 2 in the file manager but I don't know the first thing about setting or even what version is sitting in there. May be both versions. I am not tech saavy and I am very limited. Probably why I am in this situation... I have used opencart since 2014 and have had no issue at all until now, I honestly thought there was a better support system. But in any case I am not moving away from opencart for any reason and these issues will eventually get fixed and we will all move on.. Thank you for trying to assist me but I really have no idea how to fix or repair or restore this site.. It' s all in there (the old files) I just don't know how to get things in the right place in order to get it to work.. Thanks Guys and Gals
You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or contact me directly via the forum PM to get this done as a custom job and if you do have a backup in-place.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 11, 2022 5:12 pm

Well, during all those Years, you most likely created some income out of famous MaxD's Openshop 1.5.6.x Release, and you should be willing now, to invest some of that Money, to get your shop online again, if you're not able, to do it on your own. But you don't really have to move up to the latest OpenCart Release, because it still has a bunch of Faults and Missing, according to the Postings made in this Forum. OC v.3.x has never been finished, OC already concentrates on v.4.x. And the latest OC v.1.5.6.5_rc Release is still running great, so, there is no need, to move up in Version at this time. Forum Member Condor2 is one of the Dev's, still familiar with OC v.1.5.6.5, among others, and probably willing, to assist you on this. And lot's of nice responsive 1.5.6.x Bootstrap-Themes exist, to make it work like the latest OC-Release, like one of those:
http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/ OC-2 type Multi Theme v.1.5.6.5_rc Demo Site.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=228154&p=841774&hi ... me#p841774 Merkent Theme Download and more Infos on this.
Good Luck! ;)

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland