Post by marvinkleinmusic » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:01 pm

The new all-in-one checkout is a fresh addition to Opencart. However, in my opinion it is really user unfriendly.

For example when I'm not logged in and I fill out the form on the left to create an account, why do I need to click on continue in order to select a shipping and payment option? I've entered the address on the left already!

When you click on continue, the form is still being shown on the left but you can now select a shipping and payment option. When you press F5, the left form is gone and replaced with an address selection?

This makes the checkout look very poorly thought out to me. This clearly needs some optimization.

Post by imakeitwork » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:35 am

Agree with checkout Continue button. It either needs to be removed, or entire right column needs to be grey'ed out to make an idea that something needs to done on the left.

Post by StormDesigner » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:15 pm

imakeitwork wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:35 am
Agree with checkout Continue button. It either needs to be removed, or entire right column needs to be grey'ed out to make an idea that something needs to done on the left.
Absolutely agree with that. Users will absolutely be confused by the continue button at the bottom (often off-screen) and the fact that the payment method is slightly grayed but unresponsive to a click. This worked perfectly well before with the steps from top to bottom. Why on earth was this changed? Top to bottom makes sense on every device, this is broken UI that will lose sales for people who will give up quickly after deciding "this "site" doesn't work, how else will they mess up my order, I'll look elsewhere". It will absolutely sabotage sales and I guess I can't think of enough ways to express or emphasize this.

StormDesigns, Inc. Website Design and Web Application Development - plus graphic design and print media.

www.StormDesigns.com

Post by motofox » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:24 am

agreed - continue button needs removing

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:34 pm

StormDesigner wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:15 pm
Absolutely agree with that. Users will absolutely be confused by the continue button at the bottom (often off-screen) and the fact that the payment method is slightly grayed but unresponsive to a click. This worked perfectly well before with the steps from top to bottom. Why on earth was this changed? Top to bottom makes sense on every device, this is broken UI that will lose sales for people who will give up quickly after deciding "this "site" doesn't work, how else will they mess up my order, I'll look elsewhere". It will absolutely sabotage sales and I guess I can't think of enough ways to express or emphasize this.
It's relatively easy to modify the checkout page to make it a 2-step checkout:
1) Customer Details
2) Shipping and Payment Method
Less confusing, therefore more user-friendly!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Hourglasss » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:23 am

The new checkout is confusing at first i tough it was bugged,
I didnt knew you had to press the left in continue button in order to complete the checkoutflow,

wouldnt it be better to load and save customer info dynamicly like dquickcheckout