Post by arctellion » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:04 am

Hi all,

I hope that this is the right place to ask the question. I have been setting up the shop, and have not found anywhere to put in the VAT & Company ID's for supplying to customer when they make a purchase on the receipt.

I have searched the marketplace, but only found extensions that do this for older versions of OpenCart, does anyone know if there are any extensions that do this for OC4.0.1.1?

Thanks in advance,

Arcy.

Open Cart Version: 4.0.1.1
Template: Own design - but only modifies the CSS to change the colours to fit with the rest of the brand.
Mods/Extensions: PayPal v4.0.0
Translations: No more than default.

OpenCart Version: 4.0.1.1
Mods: PayPal 4.0.0
Theme: Own custom CSS
Languages: Default

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:44 am

Well, you should be aware of the known fact, that the OC Version you use is still a prototype edition, and it has already been replaced by v.4.0.2.0, so, playing around with the Version you use is at best a loss of time, just to have it mentioned ... ;)
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tree/master/upload
That does not mean, that OC v.4.0.2.0 is a final and usable release, but it's at least a better Solution, if you really care, to play tester. Otherwise, better settle with the last v.3.x release available, if you plan to succeed with Opencart.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart-3/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:04 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:44 am
Well, you should be aware of the known fact, that the OC Version you use is still a prototype edition, and it has already been replaced by v.4.0.2.0 ..
There is still no version 4.0.2.0 !
We stuck on 4.0.1.1 .. unfortunetaly not useable for live shops.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by OSWorX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:08 am

arctellion wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:04 am
.. and have not found anywhere to put in the VAT & Company ID's for supplying to customer when they make a purchase on the receipt
Despite the version you use, If I understand you correct you want that your customers fill in their VAT & Company ID - correct?
If so, this can be achievied very easely with "custom fields" - a native function since OpenCart 2.x.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:46 am

Attachments

oc_4020.png

oc_4020.png (19.29 KiB) Viewed 3074 times

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:43 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:46 am
Preparation for the NEXT version (which is then ! 4.0.2.0 - but could be also 4.0.1.2).

This is also why this branch IS the master branch - and therefore the branch changes are made (for the new version).
Which also means, IT IS the DEVELOPER branch - maybe full of (new) bugs - and only for that usergroup.

In summary: it is a very bad advice to point users you don't know (enduser or developer) to this branch.
The latest official release IS 4.0.1.1 - which is full of bugs (they maybe already solved in the master branch - or not).

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by arctellion » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:08 am
arctellion wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:04 am
.. and have not found anywhere to put in the VAT & Company ID's for supplying to customer when they make a purchase on the receipt
Despite the version you use, If I understand you correct you want that your customers fill in their VAT & Company ID - correct?
If so, this can be achievied very easely with "custom fields" - a native function since OpenCart 2.x.
No, you have unfortunately got the wrong end of the stick. I want to display our VAT number etc when generating receipts/invoices so that the customer has it should they have a need to claim the VAT back.

Hope this helps clarify my question. Now if it's doable without a mod then great, makes life a lot easier. :)

And regarding version of software, I just hit download from the main OC website, and it's the version of the software available didn't say beta or early access etc. It's the version you get if you hit download now, so one assumes that it's the current stable version.

OpenCart Version: 4.0.1.1
Mods: PayPal 4.0.0
Theme: Own custom CSS
Languages: Default

Post by OSWorX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:22 pm

arctellion wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 pm
No, you have unfortunately got the wrong end of the stick. I want to display our VAT number etc when generating receipts/invoices so that the customer has it should they have a need to claim the VAT back.
That's why I have asked.
Because why whould I need another mod/plugin to simply show my VAT, etc. ?
You could display such infos either in your imprint (where it should be displayed in all cases), or edit the template (invoice e.g.) [with the integrated template editor] and add such there.

arctellion wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 pm
And regarding version of software, I just hit download from the main OC website, and it's the version of the software available didn't say beta or early access etc. It's the version you get if you hit download now, so one assumes that it's the current stable version.
I know how that works .. beeing not the first time here O0
But trust me - or other forum members: if we say that this version is not stable (enough) for production, then it is.

And for
.. to claim the VAT back ..
If the country your shop is located is a member of the EC (= European Community), nobody has to claim a VAT.
This times are long enough away.

Simply get your UID-Number and IF the customer has also a (valid)UID [YOU have to check before invoicing!], the purchase and your invoice has to be made without VAT.
After that, report each quarter those sellings to your financial authority - online.

Guru Member

Location - Austria