Post by JuJue » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 am

Hello.

Following 'xxvirusxx' advise from my post:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=222912
I like to report the following:
https://only3.club/opencart-modules

This guy offers all his extensions for 15 bucks. Bit strange but heck, I gave it a go.
I tried to install three of them and none of it installed.
I tried another, which actually isn't his but it's originally from another provider (TMD) which claims to recover data from an abandoned cart. installation was going through but the moment I clicked on modification I got a 500 error and it crashed my entire server.

I could only get it going again by logging into my server from a different location and remove the installed extension from the database. I still needed to clear my jailed IP as it was banned, too.

What exactly caused it, I don't know but obviously it must have some dirty tricks attached to.

I contacted TMD and they said they already lodged a case against this provider as it appears to be a spammer. They must have hacked TMD's original code and this causes problems. Obviously.

I also lodged a case with PayPal to recover my money.

I still face the problem, though, of not being able to access modifications anymore.

Thank you

Location - Australia

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:56 am

JuJue wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 am
Hello.

Following 'xxvirusxx' advise from my post:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=222912

This guy offers all his extensions for 15 bucks. Bit strange but heck, I gave it a go.
I tried to install three of them and none of it installed.
I tried another, which actually isn't his but it's originally from another provider (TMD) which claims to recover data from an abandoned cart. installation was going through but the moment I clicked on modification I got a 500 error and it crashed my entire server.

I could only get it going again by logging into my server from a different location and remove the installed extension from the database. I still needed to clear my jailed IP as it was banned, too.

What exactly caused it, I don't know but obviously it must have some dirty tricks attached to.

I contacted TMD and they said they already lodged a case against this provider as it appears to be a spammer. They must have hacked TMD's original code and this causes problems. Obviously.

I also lodged a case with PayPal to recover my money.

I still face the problem, though, of not being able to access modifications anymore.

Thank you
At this point, if you're not sure where to nail the root cause to fix the issue, you could also create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this issue solved as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:04 am

JuJue wrote:
So you didn't buy that extensions from Opencart Marketplace?

Then you have complains about this :)
JuJue wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:15 am
OK, this may scratch some OC modules programmers's Ego but consider this; It cost me days and money to fix and i still have problems.

Due to some poor code hacking of some OC modules/extensions providers I ran into a permanent problem of not being able to access 'Modifications" ever again. The moment I do I get a 500 error and the rest of the website becomes "Not available".

In fact, my entire server becomes not available which means, all my other websites will be offline.

Some of these Opencart extension providers must have encoded some kind of a virus into their code which

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by kirkhall » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 am

Yeah, that person is spamming every comment section under every legit extension in the marketplace with their $3 extensions.
As I type this, this one has some right at the top of the comments. https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=9151

I think someone is deleting them but a few hours later they are back. Their domain needs to blocked I guess.

Only buy from the marketplace and if you can't find what you need and like everyone suggests here, ask for a custom job to be done.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Well, seriously, you should have read the OpenCart forum first before falling victim to this spammer and thief. This spammer changes his user name on a daily basis, we have asked the domain registrar to disable his site weeks ago. The OpenCart marketplace comments section will be flooded again with this spammers posts in a few hours.

You can send a complaint to his domain name registrar at abuse@namecheap.com.
His server's IP-address is 85.217.222.146
His webhost is: BlueAngelHost in Belize, complains to be sent to abuse@blueangelhost.com

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JuJue » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:53 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:04 am
So you didn't buy that extensions from Opencart Marketplace?

Then you have complains about this :)
Actually I did,
and that is why it didn't appear to me strange the first time. His ad was placed on the Market Place platform just like any other extension/module ad.
Taking it off the Market Place shelf, why should I even think this is possibly a spammer? My first time I got suspicious was after purchasing his "package" and then, looking up what is in there, finding 3rd party modules like the TMD ...).

Location - Australia

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 pm

So to you bought directly from Opencart??
Example see the image

Or you bought from that illegal website only3.club
Because that I understand from this
JuJue wrote:

Attachments

buy_marketplace.png

buy_marketplace.png (361.83 KiB) Viewed 14932 times

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by JuJue » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:46 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 pm
So to you bought directly from Opencart??
Example see the image

Or you bought from that illegal website only3.club
Because that I understand from this
JuJue wrote:
Correct.
I searched the market place for an extension that I could use to get some better SEO URL.
I clicked on several extensions, followed their demo link and checked but wasn't convinced.
One of these demo links got me to test some and I was - relatively satisfied and then it offered this crazy package. I just went ahead and bought it.

Again, I am NOT accusing OC. I never did. I don't know why I am getting attacked like I am the bad guy here.
I REPORTED it after I ran into some issue.

I even contacted TMD, because the package included TMD's extension. I "INFORMED" TMD that this must be some kind of dirty thing of this guy. TMD attacked me too!

What is going on with people here? Can't they distinguish a report from an accusation? I also never asked for a refund. Why am I accused of it? Can these so called "PROFESSIONALS" read or are they just straight up to attack, even someone who actually want to help?

It's so sick. If these poor-minded Programmer Web-Developer folk can't R E A D and comprehend the content in context then kindly refrain from attacking me, unless I attack You first which, again, I never did!

Location - Australia

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:48 pm

JuJue wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:46 am
I just went ahead and bought it.
From only3.club right?
If yes, original developers from Opencart marketplace will not support you because wasn't bought from them.
And yes, is annoying to see spam on Markteplace but opencart dosn't have developers to fix this spamming issue for good :laugh: :laugh:

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by JuJue » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:25 pm

So,
there we go again.

This time it's not from within the OC MarketPlace but from within the OC Forum:

Read my reply to Thekrotek
viewtopic.php?f=198&t=222917&p=817004#p817004

I'm sorry if any developer feels mis-treated but if I GET ATTACKED FORM EACH ANGLE FOR FOLLOWING OUTSIDE OPENCART LINKS, then please, Opencart, make sure that this people cannot post with pointing to "External" links!

As long as they are on Opencart, I consider them legit!
Or else, shall I assume every person pointing to an external link as a scammer/spammer? I can, if that is the wish.

Location - Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Let's all calm down here please. JuJue reported a software thief/spammer here, so let's stick to this subject here.

In defense of OpenCart, over the past couple of weeks they kept manually deleting the spammer's posts every day. And it appears they have now implemented a software preventing this spammer from doing it again.

So let's now focus on making the OpenCart software a better product, everyone is welcome to contribute to it.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JuJue » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:24 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:54 pm
Let's all calm down here please. JuJue reported a software thief/spammer here, so let's stick to this subject here.

In defense of OpenCart, over the past couple of weeks they kept manually deleting the spammer's posts every day. And it appears they have now implemented a software preventing this spammer from doing it again.

So let's now focus on making the OpenCart software a better product, everyone is welcome to contribute to it.
Thank you. Much needed!

Location - Australia

Post by DigitCart » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:29 pm

I noticed a new spammer that has commented on some extensions pages, Example:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=43772
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=41580
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=43972
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=34619

A user with the username webway is promoting this site, which seems to be illegally selling the OpenCart themes:
https://themeforestcloud.com/opencart-themes

My Extensions

Guru Member