Post by davenotdavid » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 pm

Hi all,
I'm looking for some help and guidance .

I am setting up a personalised items shop, most items are classed as parcels due to size rather than weight.
I have set up "fixed shipping price " but this option isnt best for me, im looking for help to find a better option.

some items can be shipped as a letter/large letter which is drastically cheaper than a parcel. (Or the fixed shipping cost ive included)
I can't work around this with weight as some of my products although low in weight exceed the size to be classed as a letter.

what options are suggested for this?
again if i am able to sort this shipping out, how would i go about if other items are added to the cart that exceed size of a large letter to be turned to the fixed price shipping?

example large letter shipping costs £1
parcel £4.99

buyer purchases letter size product but then adds a parcel sized item to cart that the shipping cost ends up £4.99

I understand there is a weight based shipping, but 1 i don't understand how to work it, 2 as stated some of my parcel sized items weigh under the weight of a large letter.

Many thanks in advance

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 pm

You could enter dimensional weights instead of the actual weights for you light but large items. So if the maximum weight for large letter was 0.1kg set in weight based shipping, you would enter the large item as having a weight on more than this.

Otherwise you would need a custom shipping module.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by davenotdavid » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:47 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 pm
You could enter dimensional weights instead of the actual weights for you light but large items. So if the maximum weight for large letter was 0.1kg set in weight based shipping, you would enter the large item as having a weight on more than this.

Otherwise you would need a custom shipping module.
I had contemplated doing this
it is potentially something i look at doing, I am however confused and don't understand how to set such settings up.
ive read the description, i don't know whether this picks weight up as k.g or takes from my admin settings of Grams.
I will test this to try and learn shortly,
However thank you for your reply, it is very much appreciated.