Post by newbie#101 » Wed May 25, 2022 5:13 pm

I'm posting this on behalf of someone else. There site keeps getting suspended by the host as Netcraft have detected a script that steals card details. None of us have a clue on how to remove this script and wanted to know where to start or do they need to hire a developer?

Post by ADD Creative » Wed May 25, 2022 5:21 pm

Hiring a developer would probably be a good idea.

If you did want to look yourself then you could compare all your files against a clean download of your version of OpenCart and any extensions. Check your database for anything that looks like the injected script.

And remember to change all your passwords for all users and all accounts, such as hosting, FTP admin, etc.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by newbie#101 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:58 pm

Thanks for the advice. Where would we find a suitable developer and any idea of cost?

Post by WaxedPerfection » Wed May 25, 2022 9:13 pm

newbie#101 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:58 pm
Thanks for the advice. Where would we find a suitable developer and any idea of cost?
Post Here
viewforum.php?f=88

https://www.waxedperfection.co.uk/ Car Detailing Product Blog's and Review's

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 25, 2022 9:22 pm

You might also consider hiring a security service so they can do a full site evaluation. I've heard good things about Astra from other OpenCart users.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by johnp » Tue May 31, 2022 1:24 am

newbie#101 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:13 pm
I'm posting this on behalf of someone else. There site keeps getting suspended by the host as Netcraft have detected a script that steals card details. None of us have a clue on how to remove this script and wanted to know where to start or do they need to hire a developer?
One of the first things I would do is install a firewall. I use Ninja Firewall on my OC sites. The free version is fine to get up and running with. Secondly, try uploading a clean OC file system. Thirdly. Look through your database and see if there's any scripts that have been injected in there. You can download a copy and go through it offline in a code editor like Notepad++ or PSPad.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:51 pm

newbie#101 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:58 pm
Personally, I say it's better to find a long term solution which would be a firewall and malware scanning / removal service. Not a developer. Your website needs around the clock protection. A developer writes code which is great if you're going to update your website and keep the code free of vulnerabilities. Be proactive and not reactive to security threats.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA