Post by synapseindia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 pm

We are facing an issue While inserting an order from Sales->Order -> insert .
When we put all the information related to customer and product and click on "Save" button without selecting Shipping and payment method. It is showing an error please check form carefully but shipping and payment method dropdwon is not showing any value for the first time. After click on "Update Total" button shipping and payment method dropdowns are showing value in that or We need to re-enter an order then click on save button. Any solution ?

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

When inserting an order you will need to enter all the details, click update update total, select shipping method, select payment method and then save.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by synapseindia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 pm

If we forget to click on "Update Total" button and try to save. It is throwing an error . "Please check form carefully" and set the shipping method and payment method dropdwon with null. Why it is vanishing all the dropdwon . Any fixes ?

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 pm

What version of OpenCart are you using?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by synapseindia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 pm

version - OC 1.5.x

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 am

With x being?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by synapseindia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:22 pm

OC version 1.5.6

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 pm

I've just tested and you are right, the shipping and payment methods are not selectable after clicking save. However, I was able to click on "Update Totals" again without have to reenter all the details. After that the shipping and payment methods were selectable again.

This looks to be by design, as the same form is used for editing orders. This allows you to make small changes to the order which out having to change the transaction details.

If you did want change this you would need to detect the missing shipping and payment method error and automatically call the update totals JavaScript function.

However, you may find this causes other problems that you would also have to solve.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by synapseindia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to re call but it is not working. So i have made some changes in update total function.
It will show alert popup if admin did not select shipping and payment method while creating an order.

Post by cabrag » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:09 am

synapseindia wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 pm
We are facing an issue While inserting an order from Sales->Order -> insert .
When we put all the information related to customer and product and click on "Save" button without selecting Shipping and payment method. It is showing an error please check form carefully but shipping and payment method dropdwon is not showing any value for the first time. After click on "Update Total" button shipping and payment method dropdowns are showing value in that or We need to re-enter an order then click on save button. Any solution ?
Problem Soved ?? I have similar.