Post by clivem » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:31 am

I want to be able to suggest a list of items / accessories that could be added to an product when being bought. But i want to simply be able to choose from existing products, not go and create options.
ideally on the product page for an item a customer could choose to add items / accessories from a list before adding a product to the cart.

currently these items are all listed under Related products at the bottom of the page, but many customers dont look that far down and end up phoning us asking for additional items needed to complete a product, or simply just buy the main product but don't add the accessories.

Post by johnp » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:50 pm

Browse the marketplace for cross sell and up sell extensions.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by clivem » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:24 am

thanks John for the suggestion, i looked those up and cant find what i am after.

I really want to be able to take the related products, place them down the right hand side on a products page with a tick box to add any other products to a 'shopping list' if you will under each product bought. So if a person goes to buy coffee, a cup, milk and sugar would show below the main product price. a customer could just tick which items need adding before adding that product, which would now include other items needed.

Post by johnp » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:06 pm

That will probably need a custom extension. Try posting in the commercial forum. You'll need to consider where the products show on mobile devices. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK