Post by dgpruk » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:53 am

Okay, this is a strange one but probably very useful. I am having issues in the checkout page with my main payment method but only on PCs with specific conditions.

I am looking to put a link below the main payment method in case it doesn't load, this is so the customer doesn't have to go back to the payment methods section and select the other method then tick terms checkbox and continue again.

For example, say I have the main credit card payment method 1, then I have PayPal as payment method 2. The customer selects method 1 and ticks to accept terms and then clicks continue. Payment method 1 fails to load - so I would like a "If doesn't load click here" link for the customer to click and it automatically loads payment method 2 on the fly with no extra clicking for the customer.

I assume all is needed is a link with JS to call AJAX script but I'm just not getting it, any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by dgpruk on Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:00 am

Do you know on what client machines, what what web browser, your 1st payment method won't work?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by dgpruk » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:15 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:00 am
Do you know on what client machines, what what web browser, your 1st payment method won't work?
I am really only looking for help or point in the right direction of the code to create a link to switch payment methods on the fly whether the issue exists or not.

This is because the payment method works about 95% of the time, it's just when it doesn't work it stops the sale in its tracks and may lose the sale. So it would be good to have in case the payment providers server went down no matter which provider it was.

Answers below:

Latest version of Chrome running on Windows 10 or 11 and main payment method is Square. (works in Firefox, Opera, etc. without any Issue)

I have had about 7 customers already stating the payment method doesn't load all on PC with above criteria so it does look like its Chrome but still looking at it.

I can replicate it on my PCs but not on others in the office and IP address or browser/server cache does not make any difference and does it on multiple websites and on default and custom themes.

I did say it was a strange one. :)
Last edited by dgpruk on Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by dgpruk » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:21 am

My first thought was the payment provider was blocking the IP address or PC and have raised a support ticket but I would like to get a link to change payment methods on the fly. This is so I have an instant fix or workaround rather than the customer calling us and having to explain to them to go back and chose the different payment method (which i have done multiple times now).

Hey and if both go down that is mega bad luck.

Post by dgpruk » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:08 pm

Managed to code this myself.

The payment issue with Square saying Loading... Please Wait... is still there. iSenseLabs are looking into it but needed something quickly.

Looking at Stripe for payments now at least as another backup payment method... anyone got any other suggestions?

Everyone is telling me to move away from Opencart but I have been here from the beginning so its hard to let go.

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:49 am

dgpruk wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:08 pm
Managed to code this myself.

The payment issue with Square saying Loading... Please Wait... is still there. iSenseLabs are looking into it but needed something quickly.

Looking at Stripe for payments now at least as another backup payment method... anyone got any other suggestions?

Everyone is telling me to move away from Opencart but I have been here from the beginning so its hard to let go.
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dgpruk » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:30 pm

Thanks. We have also solved the issue with the payment system and everything is back up and running. It was a plugin version issue but now resolved.

The code to direct the customer to the other payment method on the fly was a bit of a bodge but works and works well. Its pretty much just copying the ajax for the payment-method button. I might post it on the marketplace at a later date but if anyone wants it DM me.