Post by KemarArt » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:56 am

All files and folders have to be in my root folder which is the (public html) when using premium hosting. After installing opencart 3.0.3.8 and login with admin you are asked to remove the storage folder from the web directory. But because I am already in the root folder I am not able to move it there where can I move it? If I create another folder and then move it there will anything be broken?

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:05 am

KemarArt wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:56 am
All files and folders have to be in my root folder which is the (public html) when using premium hosting. After installing opencart 3.0.3.8 and login with admin you are asked to remove the storage folder from the web directory. But because I am already in the root folder I am not able to move it there where can I move it? If I create another folder and then move it there will anything be broken?
To use extensions, the storage folder must be located outside of your public_html folder with recursive permissions on your folders with: CHMOD 0755 and 0644 on your files. If you can't move it outside, either contact your host or switch host.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by KemarArt » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 am

Thanks, I was now able to move the storage folder. I also noticed that when I installed the store locally I was able to see the .htaccess file but when I moved to the live server it was not visible after extracting the files when I tried to upload it I receive the message saying the file was already present if I want to replace it. Is this a norm for the cloud environment? as I said I was able to see it in the local environment.

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:10 am

KemarArt wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 am
Thanks, I was now able to move the storage folder. I also noticed that when I installed the store locally I was able to see the .htaccess file but when I moved to the live server it was not visible after extracting the files when I tried to upload it I receive the message saying the file was already present if I want to replace it. Is this a norm for the cloud environment? as I said I was able to see it in the local environment.
It is normal that the .htaccess file becomes invisible when uploading on specific hosts. There are others where the .htaccess remains visible, however.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON