Post by pavvel.be » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:05 am

Hello, I tried to search an extension on the market but could not find as I need...
Maby some of you knows how to do that or can show me an extension.

In my shop I have a category "DOGS" and products:
1) Bowl in red color
Price per 1 bowl is 5$
But if someone will buy 10 bowls, I have a discount and bowl costs 4$
2) Bowl in blue color
Price per 1 bowl is 5$
But if someone will buy 10 bowls, I have a discount and bowl costs 4$

Ok. If I buy 10 red or 10 blue bowls, total price in cart is correct: 40$
But if I buy 5 red bowls + 5 blue bowls the price in cart is 50$.
And it is wrong. I need to look at all bowls quantities and sum them to give a discount for all bowls in all colors (in the same category)

Can someone help me or suggest something please?
My OC version is 3.0.3.8

Location - Warsaw, Poland

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Did you use 'color' as an option for product 'bowl', rather than having 2 different products?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:51 pm

You could do this with Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount. It doesn't work with the OpenCart product "Discount" system, but is a separate Order Total extension. You'd remove the "Discount" tiers on the product, and set up the discounts in the extension. When the rules of the discounts you set up are met, the discount will automatically appear on the order. For example:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Buy 10 Bowls Get $1.00 Off Per Bowl
Group: A
Charge Type: Quantity
Charge Field: 10-999 = -1.00 / 1
Rule: Product is Dog Bowl

Note that this can only discount based on products, so if you want to target particular options, you'd need Ultimate Fee/Discount. For example, you could then target just the Red and Blue bowls, and not Yellow or Green bowls, assuming those are all different options for the same product.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by pavvel.be » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:42 am

I think that is that I look for ;)
Should I have any problems if I use Journal Theme?

Johnathan wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:51 pm
You could do this with Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount. It doesn't work with the OpenCart product "Discount" system, but is a separate Order Total extension. You'd remove the "Discount" tiers on the product, and set up the discounts in the extension. When the rules of the discounts you set up are met, the discount will automatically appear on the order. For example:

CHARGE #1
Title: Buy 10 Bowls Get $1.00 Off Per Bowl
Group: A
Charge Type: Quantity
Charge Field: 10-999 = -1.00 / 1
Rule: Product is Dog Bowl

Note that this can only discount based on products, so if you want to target particular options, you'd need Ultimate Fee/Discount. For example, you could then target just the Red and Blue bowls, and not Yellow or Green bowls, assuming those are all different options for the same product.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Location - Warsaw, Poland

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:45 pm

It works fine with Journal, as it is a standard Order Total extension that does not modify any core files. I've never heard of anyone having trouble on Journal, but if you do you can contact me here for support:

www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator