Post by adabob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:23 am

I have several duplicate customer accounts each with different email addresses. HI want to keep the order history thus my question is how can I merge customer accunts OR assign orders from one account to another?

I'd like to use a Excel export and import program where I can export, change things then import.

Is this possible or is there another way to do this?

Thank you

Using V2.2.0

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:32 am

You could still use an Excel Import / Export extension. Although, by default, visitors are allowed to checkout their products as guest users and enter a different email address even though the rest of the customer's information may match. Distinguishing by email addresses would then lead the store owners providing difficult task to migrate afterwards since the email address still constantly change by the same guest user.

The best way, in this case, would to be migrate by the most matching addresses, postal code, country, city, zone (apartment no. if you have to) in order to migrate the right customer's information from the orders to the customer's table so to know if these guest users are obviously registered customers to your store.

The only leftover issue would be by migrating from those orders by only those that are not pending. Normally, when the processing status comes in essence before reaching its completed state, it is normally a good sign.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:09 am

In another words, a custom job might be required to accomplish your request. I would suggest to post your service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to complete the migration.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by adabob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 am

Guest orders not needed or involved. This would ONLY be for the same customer same name and address (but two different accounts using two different email
addresses. YES I have an import export extension.

Is it not possible to just find the order numbers and change the customer ID for that order?

Post by adabob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:22 am

You use the term "Migration" as opposed to what I am asking to Export the orders (there are not that many maybe 20,) change the customer number that is linked to them and then import?

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:24 am

Changing the customer number will disregard the guest users at the customer number above 0 would still work but not by tracking the customer IDs that are actually affecting 0. Which is why, the suggestion above has been provided. Although, fortunately, you have only 20 readings to import. At this point, it could also be done manually on the database.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by adabob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:55 am

Does anyone know what items need to be changed on a database Export to change the customer the orders are attached to? This is still unclear to me

Thank you
straightlight
Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:58 am

The customer_id field contains the values that may need to be changed. There might be an extension available on the marketplace but may not resolved the issue based on the logic explained above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by litextension » Mon May 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi adabob;

You should export your customer and order tables, find out duplicate customers first then mapping your orders. I have done similar job before.

If you need, please add my Skype: litextension , i will show you my solution

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Visit us at: https://litextension.com

Post by davecook80 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:26 am

Hi,
I had seen this post as we needed this feature also. Mikhail "Liveopencart" has now added it to his very good Customer Extended Features extension. We have purchased this directly from him and convinced him to add it to the market place. You can also merge guest customers order with same registered email in the order list page too.
Link below.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20features

Location - Australia