Post by lukehackett85 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Thank you all for your input
I can confirm I have used session debloater and it has taken my DB down to about 1gb (the sessions table, so greatly improved)

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:37 pm

lukehackett85 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm
Thank you all for your input
I can confirm I have used session debloater and it has taken my DB down to about 1gb (the sessions table, so greatly improved)
That's great, if this resolved issue then add word [SOLVED] into the beginning of post title.
thanks

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by wrick0 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 pm

delete from oc_session where expire < DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 MONTH)

Location - 127.0.0.1 @ The Netherlands

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:05 pm

wrick0 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 pm
delete from oc_session where expire < DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 MONTH)
Just a quick note dear, if you are providing a solution be kind to other users and point out the file also which need to be edited.
Thanks

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by iplocker » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:20 am

Hello.
I have 3.0.3.6 version and I have the same problem session table getting big all the time . Is this a bug or what ?!
Shall we put a cron job every time to run query to empty the table ?
Thanks

Post by by mona » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:29 am

seek and thee shall find ;)

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38580

:laugh: it was even posted on this topic !

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by iplocker » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:54 am

The thing is why its not in the core now ? Why should we have to install that and not solved in the 3.0.3.7 ?!

Post by by mona » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:08 am

I have no idea - but there is little point to complain at us because we are not affiliated with Opencart so you are simply venting your frustrations at the wrong people. What you might consider is that by posting such, we have to spend unpaid time away from our paid work to search for things to help you, just because you want to vent that a free product isn’t perfect.

Its Xmas - say thanks for the free cart that you make money from - and thanks to the wonderful developer who used his free time to provide a fix and to grr for finding that and saving you some time searching and letxobnav and everyone else I have missed out ..

It has not been updated, there is a fix, life is great

Happy Holidays

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:21 am

by mona wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:08 am
I have no idea - but there is little point to complain at us because we are not affiliated with Opencart so you are simply venting your frustrations at the wrong people. What you might consider is that by posting such, we have to spend unpaid time away from our paid work to search for things to help you, just because you want to vent that a free product isn’t perfect.

Its Xmas - say thanks for the free cart that you make money from - and thanks to the wonderful developer who used his free time to provide a fix and to grr for finding that and saving you some time searching and letxobnav and everyone else I have missed out ..

It has not been updated, there is a fix, life is great

Happy Holidays
1 Not really complaining is he, just asking a reasonable question.
2 No you dont HAVE to do anything, you entirely CHOOSE to do so of your own free will.

Location - Wales

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:35 am

iplocker wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:54 am
The thing is why its not in the core now ? Why should we have to install that and not solved in the 3.0.3.7 ?!
Should be fixed in 3.0.3.7. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 9d1a066ce7

With a small correction in 3.0.3.8. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 9d1a066ce7

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by iplocker » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Thanks @mikeinterserv , your reply is exactly what I was thinking to reply to @by mona !!

Post by by mona » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:47 pm

.. you could have at least thanked ADD Creative whilst you were here .. geez .. some people just don’t know how to be happy :laugh:

Thanks ADD Creative ..

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:07 pm

by mona wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:47 pm
.. geez .. some people just don’t know how to be happy :laugh:
Yeah - and most people don't know when to STFU :-)

Location - Wales

Post by adedayof » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:19 pm

Please all, i am having an issue , when i install the Session Debloater plugin , https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... cmod.space ,

Website stops loading .. and after, error shows ,

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction<br />Error No: 1205<br />DELETE FROM `oc_session` WHERE expire < '2023-01-30 09:57:34' in /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/db.php(45): DB\MySQLi->query('DELETE FROM `oc...') #1 /home/dummyf5/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/session/db.php(52): DB->query('DELETE FROM `oc...') #2 /home/dummyf5/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/session/db.php(22): Session\DB->gc(90000) #3 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/session.php(29): Session\DB->__construct(Object(Registry)) #4 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/framework.php(84): Session->__construct('db', Object(Registry)) #5 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/home/dummyf5/p...') #6 /home/dummyf5/public_html/index.php(20): start('catalog') #7 {main} thrown in /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

Please help, how do i deactivate this, and get my website to work back, it's urgent please

Post by adedayof » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:13 pm

adedayof wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:19 pm
Please all, i am having an issue , when i install the Session Debloater plugin , https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... cmod.space ,

Website stops loading .. and after, error shows ,

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction<br />Error No: 1205<br />DELETE FROM `oc_session` WHERE expire < '2023-01-30 09:57:34' in /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/db.php(45): DB\MySQLi->query('DELETE FROM `oc...') #1 /home/dummyf5/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/session/db.php(52): DB->query('DELETE FROM `oc...') #2 /home/dummyf5/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/session/db.php(22): Session\DB->gc(90000) #3 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/session.php(29): Session\DB->__construct(Object(Registry)) #4 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/framework.php(84): Session->__construct('db', Object(Registry)) #5 /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/home/dummyf5/p...') #6 /home/dummyf5/public_html/index.php(20): start('catalog') #7 {main} thrown in /home/dummyf5/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

Please help, how do i deactivate this, and get my website to work back, it's urgent please

I have been able to get this solved through the help of the extension developer... thank you so much.

Post by adedayof » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:46 pm

For anyone experiencing this same, download the Session Debloater extension from Mr Andrii , here => https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... cmod.space .

Before installing, empty the oc_session table from the database , then proceed to install the extension . Refresh the modifications, and you will never have a database with huge size anymore.

Thank you , Mr Andrii .. Thank you, you're a life saver!