Post by mazman » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:25 am

Was running OC 3.0.3.8. Host upgraded to PHP 8.1. Made a mess of the site, so I updated with 3.0.x.x. Maintenance version. That fixed most of the problems. I cleared the theme cache hoping that might alleviate some remaining issues. Instead, I now cannot get to my ADMIN login screen. "This page isnt working" error 500. Interestingly, I could access the admin page before I cleared the cache.
Problem 2: getting the following message on website screen when accessing the site:

Unknown: Return type of Twig\Node\Node::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/paumaz3/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Node/Node.php on line 161Unknown: Return type of Twig\Node\Node::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/paumaz3/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Node/Node.php on line 166

Hope someone here can help
(Sorry about the dual posting...I put this in the wrong forum earlier)

Post by mazman » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:34 am

Both issues have been solved. Forgot to update the "moved" "Storage" folder. Once I did that, the errors disappeared and I was able to log in as Admin.

Post by kevindixon » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:19 am

I have the same error after upgrading to PHP 8.1 and OC v3.0.3.8.

I don't understand by what you mean by 'Forgot to update the "moved" "Storage" folder.' ???

Please help.

Thank you.

Post by mazman » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:31 am

When I first installed OC, I was advised to move my "Storage" folder from the SYSYEM folder into my root directory (not sure why, but I did).
When I updated, it put a "Storage" folder back into my SYSTEM folder and so none of the files in the STORAGE folder that was in the root directory got updated. So I copied the new "Storage" folder files into my "Storage" folder that is in my root directory. Then, miraculously everything worked.
Hope this helps.

Post by kevindixon » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:37 pm

Thank you for your reply but I am no longer getting this error after downgrading to PHP version 7.4 from v8.

Someone told me that OC 3 doesn't work with PHP 8.

I was able to upgrade but now I have a different problem.

Thanks bud.