Post by htfpsmichael » Tue May 17, 2022 12:40 am

Hello,

Products added from our category or product or search pages work fine on the product compare page. The add to cart button works as well as the remove button. All product specs display correctly. We have a few extensions on our home page for displaying bestsellers, featured products, etc. Items added from the home page to the product compare page can be added to cart from compare, specs display correctly, but the remove button does not work for them. Upon inspecting the page, the link to remove the items is identical in both items added from home page and the same item added from product/category/search page. It lets me add the same product to compare twice if one is added from home page and the other is added from product/category page. Could the controller files for the home page extensions be leaving something out that would cause the compare page to be unable to remove them? All product information is correct and link on the remove button is the same. Just can not get the products added from the home page to remove from compare.

Thanks,
Michael

Post by paulfeakins » Tue May 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Why don't you tell us your OC version, theme, and give us a link?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rocketfoot » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:07 pm

Hi guys...I am having this exact problem! I can remove compare items added from a category but if I ad them from Latest Items or Best Sellers, they will not disappear when you click REMOVE in the compare list! My version is 3.0.3.8...URL in my sig. Thanks!

ETA: I think it has something to do with cookies...If I clear cookies on my site and refresh, the items in question are gone!

OpenCart 3.0.3.8
www.wattstruckcenter.com/shop

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:07 pm

rocketfoot wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:07 pm
Hi guys...I am having this exact problem! I can remove compare items added from a category but if I ad them from Latest Items or Best Sellers, they will not disappear when you click REMOVE in the compare list! My version is 3.0.3.8...URL in my sig. Thanks!

ETA: I think it has something to do with cookies...If I clear cookies on my site and refresh, the items in question are gone!
Probably an issue with your theme. If you inspect the code for compare buttons on your home page, they have a space after the product ID. You need to remove the space.

Code: Select all

onclick="compare.add('1665 ');

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom