Post by ArmandLtp » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:40 pm

Hi..can someone help me.
I have a live site OC version 3.x Long time ago, site has been hacked. It is already cleared. However once in a while the index.php file will change to wordpress default and the site went down with 404 website not found error. Restore the index.php file from backup solve the problem though. What should I do to solve this issue.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm

Change all passwords, if you haven't already. Check all your files against a clean download of OpenCart and all your extensions for any changes. Check your settings and database for anything suspicious. Check your FTP logs and web access log for around the time it happens. Ask you host to look into the reason the file changes.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:21 pm

Also check your raw access log file for any suspicious activities.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:46 pm

ArmandLtp wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:40 pm
Hi..can someone help me.
I have a live site OC version 3.x Long time ago, site has been hacked. It is already cleared. However once in a while the index.php file will change to wordpress default and the site went down with 404 website not found error. Restore the index.php file from backup solve the problem though. What should I do to solve this issue.
Most likely there is a hidden file that has code to continue re injecting malicious code to your index file. Changing passwords won't help in this case. That code needs to be located and removed and then change all passwords. If possible, put one of the sites on a subdomain or move one of the sites to a separate hosting account.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA