Post by apitsos » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 am

Hi to all,

I am dealing with a very strange problem on an OpenCart 2.1.0.2. The owner of the e-shop started complaining that customers are calling him that they see wrong prices. Actually they prices they see are without VAT. But that is happening randomly and instantly. The owner (and we) are going to see the product and we see the correct price. If the end-user/visitor refreshes, he sees then the correct price as well. But this is a huge problem, because there are several misunderstandings and the end-users/visitors/customers are calling and complaining all the time.

As explained, this is happening randomly and only for a few moments, so we can't reproduce the problem or double check what the end-user are seeing. This is a very strange problem and we cannot understand what the source of the problem could be.

The website is hosted on a dedicated VPS with Webmin control panel. There are no other customers or websites on the server. The opencart logs are showing nothing at all.

Could someone assist me here?

Thanks a lot in advance for all replies and efforts for supporting me.

With kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

Anything can be achieved!

Location - Bielefeld, Germany

Post by OSWorX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:48 am

apitsos wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 am
Hi to all,

I am dealing with a very strange problem on an OpenCart 2.1.0.2. The owner of the e-shop started complaining that customers are calling him that they see wrong prices.
Reading such, means you are an agency or somewhat.
Would be better to post such issues in the commercial section of this forum.
apitsos wrote:
Actually they prices they see are without VAT. But that is happening randomly and instantly. The owner (and we) are going to see the product and we see the correct price. If the end-user/visitor refreshes, he sees then the correct price as well. But this is a huge problem, because there are several misunderstandings and the end-users/visitors/customers are calling and complaining all the time.

As explained, this is happening randomly and only for a few moments, so we can't reproduce the problem or double check what the end-user are seeing.
Sounds to me more a wrong setting.
Are the tax classes defined correct, also the geo zones?
And finally, how is the setting in the main configuration belong to the taxes (based on what)?

And if all of them set correct, it could then also a server problem (cache?).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by apitsos » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi OSWorX,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I believe there is nothing wrong in the settings, since the webshop was working perfectly until a few days ago and the customer didn't change anything. It just started doing this thing by itself.

So you believe that it could be a cache problem or something like that?

With regards,
Angelos Pitsos

Anything can be achieved!

Location - Bielefeld, Germany

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:44 pm

apitsos wrote:
Actually they prices they see are without VAT.
So could the tax be set by country and OC thinks these users are in other countries?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom